Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 3

Why Mom Knows Best, Essay Speech

Cameel1423 1 / -  
Instructions, Write a "This I believe" Essay/ Speech
Include-
- 2- 3 minutes
- Fun and engaging
- Vocabulary appropriate to form of writing
- reveals creativity wordplay, metaphor, etc ( ***?** )
- Grammar, Punctuation, Etc

Why Mom Knows Best.
By: ______________

Introduction:
I believe that mothers should always know best. Your mother is someone who you can always depend on and will always be consistent with helping you with anything. We may turn to friends who may help us through some of our difficulties, but there has never been anyone better than our mothers. There are several topics I can discuss, but these are the main topics that I think have significance; their advice and the general things they take part in, my own experience, and lastly the significance of having a mother.

Body:
A Mother's Advice
I believe that it is important to get your mothers advice, particularly because they have had many years of experience, and have gone through much in their lives. Many times I have come home upset or angry, but every time the one person I could consult with was my mom. My mom has constantly been there for me no matter the problem. She has always been an observant person; and I believe she has always known when there was something irritating me. Every time she would sit me down and listen, listen to every word I had to say. She would give me advice on that situation, advice such as: where to go, who to talk to, how and what to say. I know our mothers may not always be correct or have the right opinion, but in most cases we may not consider it, or completely understand it. Overall even if we are in the wrong, she will take what we have said still love us no matter what.

My Experience
My mother and I have gone through an abundant of experiences. Although some bad, most good, I still believe that we will continue forward. My mom encourages me to do greater, go beyond my normal. With every project I take in, she takes the time to sit down at night and read over it, correct it.

The Significance of a Mother
I believe that we are lucky to have a mother; some children, unfortunately are unlucky, and do not have one. Children that live in poor countries usually have nothing; they rely on themselves for food, clothing, and education, everything any mother or father produces. They are orphans and cope with what they live through. They have no one to take care of them, raise them, and give them that life they deserve. These young children need individual affection and attention, all of which many of us have. *Substantial
yoricktrololo - / 2  
I think because the topic is "This I Believe," that it should also be your motif. That's what I have found most resonating about "This I Believe" speeches. For example, start the speech with your statement of belief: "This I believe; mothers always know best." And then end it that way as well: "These young children need individual affection and attention, all of which many of us have. This I believe."

I also think that the speech is a bit repetitive. You keep stating how your mother is always there for you, but you never progress from that statement. Furthermore, try telling an actual story in your "My Experience" section. This is your chance to back up what you've been saying and give a specific example.

Otherwise, I believe your speech is fairly strong. Oh! Being in a theatre class full of judgmental teenagers has taught me something I think you may benefit from; you look sillier when you don't try than when you do.

GOOD LUCK!!! I hope this helped! :D
stn0795 4 / 11  
For your speech: you should try to prepare and practice to see whether you could cover what you wrote for within 2-3 minutes.
Good luck!

Home / Speeches / Why Mom Knows Best, Essay Speech