Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 3

IELTS Speaking Part2 Script : Questionnaire Experience

Oggy 1 / -  
Describe a time when you were asked to give your opinion in a questionnaire or survey.

One of the most memorable questionnaires is my first lecture evaluation. It was conducted by my university which enforces a rigid rule : students who don't fill out the instruction survey cannot enroll for next semester. In my view, the regulation seems to be fairly coercive even though reflecting student's opinion is worthy.

Anyway, I answered multiple choice and descriptive type of questions on certain online survey site. For fair estimation, I gave those who needed more professionalism low marks. For example, there were a part-time lecturer who frequently canceled classes due to his private affairs and a professor who lacked in ability to communicate with his students and to run classes. Otherwise, I left high score and pointed out what was good during the semester.

I had to be careful and prudent as the consequence might have a negative impact on their bread-and-butter job, not to mention their career. So, the vituperation could be regarded as heartless behavior. However, I felt that it was rather healthy for the advance of both students and teachers.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
In my opinion you have composed your sentence well, but I suggest to make the listener or the reader easier to understand, maybe you can make it more specific. I'm sure that you have good ability to compose your idea, but some readers maybe find some difficulties to understand it.
Well, I think writing your answers for speaking task may not be the best way to practice for them. You need to manage your speaking within the little time they allocate for you to do that. Writing and reading are very different tasks because in writing you've got a little more time for corrections. But in speaking you've got to do it then and there and then it's done. My advice for speaking tasks is to follow a structure that helps you come up with sentences fast. For this task I would suggest ;

1. Introduction - One of the most important questionnaire I answered was the one that was given to me to evaluate my degree program
2. Body - The main reason why it was so important is because it was a compulsory requirement for?????????
3. Conclusion - I think it was a good attempt by the university to keep upgrading their quality.

Home / Speeches / IELTS Speaking Part2 Script : Questionnaire Experience