Home / Speeches   % width Posts: 5

Student Government Speech- to serve the American School of the Hague

kaylakay2012 1 / 3  
Hello! My name's Kayla and I'm running for student senate this year. I really wanted to do it last year, but since I was the "new girl" I didn't feel ready, but now that I've spent a year at the American School of the Hague, I pretty much know how everything works, and I hope to share and develop some new ideas.

Although junior year is supposed to be the hardest year, we should still make the best out of it. I realize homework is time consuming, therefor all the time we have should be used well. I know that the dances were a major disappointment to the majority of the student body last year, and that is something I'm excited to work on. If I were you, I wouldn't want to be at Sadie's or Winter Ball thinking "I should really being study for a test right now." This brings up another thing across my mind. The theme for Sadie's last year was very short notice, like less than a week or two. I realize that us girls... and possibly the guys freak out about getting a dress or an outfit together. That is one thing that defiantly needs to be fixed. Spirit week last year was pretty fun, our grade did the best even though the seniors won. No offense to the juniors last year, but we don't want to be like them. I have a lot of spirit and energy when it comes to spirit week, and I think we could make our Pep Rallies a whole lot better.

I have a great desire to serve the American School of the Hague. It's my hope that this year I will be able to actively participate in Student Senate in order to serve you, the student body. I was involved in a few activities last year- soccer, student ambassadors, and helping out with ASH Poetry Month, and I plan on doing a lot more this year and I encourage you to do the same. I've moved to nine schools out of thirteen years of schooling, some big ones, some little ones, some international schools, some public schools, and some DOD's schools. I've seen so many things approached in different ways and I think that'll be a huge advantage when trying to fix, help, or elevate a problem. I'm easy to approach; usually roaming around the school, so you could easily stop me and talk about something you would like to make better, do, or fix. If that doesn't work, I'm logged on to Facebook 24/7. I'm excited about possibly joining student senate. Trust me, If you vote for me, I'll make your words heard... I'm a loud person. Thank you, Together we can make junior year a rememberable, fun, and exciting year.
da_silent1 1 / 8  
I love how you took concerns of the student body into mind when writing your speech instead of simply listing your strengths and weaknesses (talk about boring), but I think you can make the speech a bit more creative afterall you have to say this in front of teenagers whose attention can wander to better things. What I mean is make sure your speech keeps their attention from the very beginning
OP kaylakay2012 1 / 3  
Thank you (: I'll try to liven' it up.
da_silent1 1 / 8  
Try to add more humor to it I love the line "Trust me, If you vote for me, I'll make your words heard... I'm a loud person" Do more of that and you will definitely have the attention of everybody. I was wondering if you could critic my essay.
...make the best out of it. I realize homework is time consuming, and therefor e all the time we have should be used well. I know that t The dances were a major disappointment...

I realize that we girls...

I've seen so many things (find a better word) approached in different (innovative?) ways and I think...

Excellent, right here: Trust me, If you vote for me, I'll make your words heard... I'm a loud person.
That is what will get you elected.

Thank you, Together we can make junior year a rememberable whoa... don't make this mistake. It's "memorable."

Home / Speeches / Student Government Speech- to serve the American School of the Hague