Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 5

Should I apply for Early Action Program? I want to get my results faster.

heyoomimi 2 / 2  
I want to get my results faster, but that means I have to turn in my application and everything in sooner.
My SAT scores are still pretty low and I was considering taking the December SATs and waiting until the actual deadline to get my SAT scores in.

Or should I just not take the December SATs and turn everything in now?
I already signed up for the December SATs and ACTs.
Please help me D:
lycjack 3 / 11  
Are you sure you would have a great improvement on SATs. if not,you better pay more attention on your essays. Besides, you could use your Dec. Sats on your regular decision colleges.
Take it slow! Study to improve those SAT scores. The normal feeling is to want to get it out of the way, but instead take it slow.
nileriver15 2 / 2  
Some colleges look at SAT or ACT scores and SAT Subject Tests. Other colleges give you the option to send your SAT scores and SAT Subject Tests OR just ACT with Writing scores. Brown University and UPenn allows you to do so. Remember that the SAT tests your critical thinking skills, while the ACT tests your content-based knowledge. Becaucus of this, more and more colleges are starting to prefer the ACT's over the SAT's. So dont loose hope just because your SAT scores are low. The ACT's may be easier for some people. Just remember that standerized tests are very important regardless of what people say. They are the first thing your colleges will look at! If you dont fall under a certain range, your application will be put in a low-priority pile. YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE IN THAT PILE. so do not utilize the early action policy if you are not confident with your scores. Take the SAT's again and the ACT's!
randomguy 1 / 4  
Chill, take your time until the latest you can apply.. You should incline your SAT scores, because some universities see SAT scores more than your grades!

Home / Student Talk / Should I apply for Early Action Program? I want to get my results faster.