Unanswered [1] / Urgent [0] / SERVICES
 DrAfT!
Home / Student Talk 317

Hi everyone! Welcome at EssayForum thread.

Hi guys...
I'm Phuong, but I like to be called Pool. I'm from Vietnam.
I expect to get 7-7.5 IELTS but I always find it hard in writing. Hopefully with this forum, I can improve my skills. Love to know all of you...

Hi All, I'm studying for a college test that includes two essays. One 30 opinion based essay on either a topic or a quote, and the other a 40 minute essay with provided sources to quote from and back up my arguments. The essays are each supposed to be 5 paragraphs, around 600 words, with an Intro, 3 points, and a conclusion. I'm struggling with the length. Do any of you have suggestions on how I can lengthen my essays without being redundant?
As I write here , I am new here in canada. And still I am struggling for admission for masters in mechanical. I have already evaluated my degree and diploma certificates from WES ( WORLD EDUCATION SERVICES). I have also 9 years exp in the industry. Every time I tried for job but got only " LABOUR JOB ".

Update your resume on Linkedin.
You can also give International tester exam (ISTQB) that will help you to get into the industry though i am not sure what do u have to do for raising working visa in Canda.

Another option join any short term certificate course that will provide you 12 OR 6 MONTH work permission in America or Canada to get into the industry.

You got to make little adjustment with your demands, but once you enter ..you would have long way to go.

Good Luck
Greetings from the Pacific NorthWest! I'm in need to improve, looking for advice

Greetings,

I am happy I found this forum. I am a 44 years old, married male in his first quarter of college. I am looking forward to all the advice and help I can get as I haven't participated in formal education since 1987. I have rudimentary grammar skills and realize 50 minutes a day in English 99 isn't going to cut it for me. My Professor does a decent job but moves a bit faster than I would like at time. My college does have a free tutor center as well as a Writers studio but I find at times the wait is a bit long. So don't be too surprised if I post a Essay or Report now and then. As I improve I hope to help give advice now and then to others.
Greetings

First, welcome to EF!. Yes, you can become an active member here and get others feedbacks on your essays while contributing your share to help others improve :)
A newcomer need your help.

I'm not a very good student at English. And my writting cannot be so good as others.As a student of grade 12, i have to prepare for the coming exam, so i'm afraid that writting can cost me a lot of time so i cannot do well in the exam. Although, i take A1,D1 and i know that English is very important, especially when they decide to put Writting in the test. I used to think that i can improve my skill after having applied for the university, so i didn't paid much time for that. And the changes in the university exam really confused me. I live in Gia Lai, so, it is obvious that, our English is not good, despite the fact that my English is better than lots of my friend's ( not trying to show off anything ), but it is terrible to most of you. You are reading my writting so maybe you know that what is my level of English, is it too bad??? Please help me with my writting, i'm a newcomer and I really need your help, what should i do?

p/s: i'm very thankful if you can help me correct my mistakes.
Hello,

Your English isn't that bad for a non native speaker. Your grammar needs a lot of correction. For example- *writing not writting, *didn't pay. I would suggest taking a look at some grammar book to learn the basics of grammar and sentence formation. Yes, you do need to focus on sentence formation. Other suggestion would be reading newspapers, random articles on the web, magazines, etc. Trust me, it will help a lot.

You're welcome!
Greeting from Bali! - I am a new comer - loving to make new friends here!

Hello everybody.. How are you doing?
I am I Komang Sukarma and you call me Komang is quietly fine.
I am from Bali which is one of fabulous islands in Indonesia.
I am a student in university and I am in second semester of English Department now.
It is nice to be here and know you all here. I realize that I have a lot of weaknesses on English skills, thus any suggestions and corrections to my mistakes would be very welcome and appreciate.

I hopefully this place could bring me a positive and friendship atmosphere. Can't wait to catch talking up more with you guys!
Thanks so much.
Hello everybody.. How are you doing?

Hi, Komang. Welcome to EF
Apa Kabar ?

I realize that I have a lot of weaknesses on English skills

No matter what kind of English level you have, just posting your writing work and we will share more. Hopefully you will get both of friendship and learning here ^.^
Hello..
Saya baik-baik saja ( I am pretty well ) hehe , thank you
You can speak Bahasa Indonesia ? That is great...
Thanks so much my friend, I would love to. Thank you, just please free feel to correct my mistakes, ok? It perfectly would make my English skills become better.

Yes, I do hope so. Because for me, having new friends from other countries will get me much to learn more about their backgrounds, cultures, languages and share to each other of course.

Although we are in apart away places but we are one and feel close in this lovely forum.
Glad to knowing you my friend and all members here! :)
Hi Pool..
love to know you too here
as I am a new member too I found same goals at what your wishes do.
I am from Indonesia, it means we are in same region of the world, right? :D
Hopefully we can find beneficial things here as I completely love to have advices and share to others.
Cheers!!
Hi.. Komang

Ok, my pleasure.

Yap, you just open my profile hhaha ^.^
There are many Indonesian people do learning in this forum, too. While you use this forum in appropriate way, your writing skill would be improved. Just do write, post it and remember as you are helped by the forum members, you have to help them in their writing work, too.

See you in your further work :D
Hi guys,

I'm Sun Sokteang but you can call me Mk. I'm from Cambodia, the reason why I joined EF because I found it so interesting. oh Nice to meet all of you guys let's be friend. I really want to improve my writing skill. Not only writing skill but also general knowledge. So if i have any mistake, please give me comments.

Thanks!
Mk
Hi Mk,

Welcome to EF, it is indeed interesting to be a part of EF. You are in the right place in enhancing your language and writing skills.

We ask you to write more and read more as well, this enhances your vocabulary and opens your world to a lot of possibilities.
When you write, think about your readers, what do you want them to know, the purpose of your essay, stay with facts and keep
researching too.

Once you have an idea of what to write, make a draft, proof read it and make sure that you turn your spell check on.

We expect you to write soon Mk.

Cheers!!
Hi Vikas Singh!
Welcome to the essayforum! We are all contributors here and aim to help each other with any essay issues- be it for undergraduate, post graduate , scholarships or doctoral thesis. We will provide feedback only, as editors and content reviewers.

your question is based on what role and type of position are you looking into? have you considered taking APM (Project management) certifications like Prince2? They are useful for people with over 5 years of experience and make your CV look good ,too. I would strongly suggest getting this as it shows a commitment and willingness to learn.

that being said, do tailor your resume to bring out particular accomplishments and review them. Put in your latest updated contact information , network online and search for postings. If you require any help, post here and someone will get back to you.

All the best!!
Hi people !

Hey Everybody !
I am new here. I like to write. would be grateful if you guys can help !

I would like to find some factual essay to write on. Can anyone give suggestions ?
I am 15 . so dont give me too high standreds .

XD Thanks
Hi, welcome in Essay Forum community:

Here you I give you some SAT prompts.You can try to write about these topics:

Are snap judgments better than decisions to which people give a lot of thought?
Is talking the most effective and satisfying way of communicating with others?
Is it absolutely necessary for people to study the creative arts?
Is popular culture the strongest influence on a young person's identity?
Is it necessary for people to combine their efforts with those of others in order to be most effective?

You can practice and post your essays here and we will help you soon.

Good luck !!
Hello everybody!
I'm Thi.I come from Vietnamese.I take part in this forum to improve my English because my E is bad.So I hope you help me ^^
Courage Essay -Yale University- Can anyone help me?

Hi! I'm an international student from Venezuela and I'm applying to some universities in the United States. I was wondering if you could help me with my essay. It might have some grammar mistakes. I would like to know your comments and recommendations.

I have a problem with my computer and I can't paste my essay on this forum. If you would like to help me, please contact me to my email marialu_98 at hotmail.com

Thank you in advance!
Hey guys, I came to the essay forum seeking improvement of writing skills. I'm currently studying for IELTS exam and applying to some graduate programs and scholarships. I already had some significant insights and I hope to be able to collaborate with you guys. Thank you.
:) Hello, everyone! Greetings from a chinese girl ><

Nice to meet you guys.
I am happy to join EssayForum.

It is really hard to me to write a good personal statement for my application of graduate school.
I always confused about whether I have write something to the point, whether I have made some grammatical mistakes, or whether my essay is logically well developped.

Hope to meet some new friends here.
Share intersting things happened in our life :D

Home / Student Talk / Hi everyone! Welcome at EssayForum thread.