Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 10

IELTS Exam - How important is it?

hamms 1 / -  
hi
I wan someone to help me I have IELTS exam in end of may and I want if any body know the important in this exam
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon!

The only IELTS exam I am familiar with is the International English Language Testing System. It is an exam that gauges how well a test taker communicates in English. Listening, reading, writing, and speaking are all covered. Is this the test you are referring to?

If so, I suggest searching the internet for IELTS; there are a number of online study guides and practice tests to help you prepare for the real thing. Also, you could talk to your academic advisor (if you have one) to see what resources they have to prepare for the test.

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
katherina 2 / 3  
IELTS EXAM COUNTDOWN :(

20 days left till the examination which are considered as the most important thing i've been through in my life. I extremely nervous instead of feeling good about it. I'm trying to work it out. Actually, i've prepared a great deal of things. Its really really hard to express to native speakers in the way i want it has to be. In case it happens in the worse way, the continuity time would be terrible. Awww :<
kibz95 16 / 53 15  
Hello katherina. Hahaha, I understand your feeling. I myself only have 4 days left until I take my TOEFL test. I'm pretty nervous myself but I know better than anyone to waste this time worrying. Keep your head up, don't ever forget what you are going to do within 20 days. Prepare constantly and slowly. Get used to the test schedual before you take it. For example, TOEFL tests begin at 10 AM until 1 or 2PM. (10-11AM Reading section, 11-12PM Listening section, 12-1PM Speaking secton, and finally 13-2PM writing section)So I wake up at 7:00 AM which is hard since I'm a night owl... I hate mornings... and begin my reading practices at 9:30 to 11:00AM. Then I practice my listening to 12:00 and you get the rest.

Don't worry, keep studying and concentrating. You can do this. You will be victorious! GOOD LUCK!
ethenian 2 / 3 1  
Good luck buddy! One thing I find helpful at beginning is to keep my sentences short and simple, and try to shun any grammatical errors.
saurabh112 1 / 1  
good keep an eye on clock while practicing.
katherina 2 / 3  
It is obviously that it is needed for your professional career, even you wanna studying abroad :)

Hi kibz 95! How's everything going? How about your TOEFL test? Is it good? I hope so :) I'm keep trying to be familiar with day and night schedule TT.TT IELTS everytime. I have a hunch that you've done your test really good, hope that someone else will have this hunch for my case :))
cucumberoom 1 / 4  
i think it is very important now because that can be a point that will be added to your resume whether to apply jobs or scholarship
summerarcadia 2 / 5  
International English Language Testing System, aka IELTS is very important! People spend tens of thousands of dollars tutoring for this because Open the new job experiences especially if you are applying as an international student! You should view it as a grade booster and universities have a cut off limit for ielts score!
The IELTS and TOEFL exams are actually the Gold Standards in testing for English language proficiency testing in the UK, US, Canada, Australia, and some other countries. However, these are not the only language qualifying tests available to students anymore. There are now several other English certification tests that are in play which a student can consider taking.

The most popular of the emerging language certification exams would be DuoLingo. The language app is now also accredited by other colleges and universities across the globe. The company has developed their own simplified English testing system that has become a direct opponent to the TOEFL and IELTS test.

Cambridge Assessment, the creators of IELTS now also offer LinguaSkills, an alternative to the IELTS test that covers academic and professional English proficiency testing. While TOEFL Essentials is a compressed version of the TOEFL test that was created to respond to the changing academic world due to Covid-19 concerms.

All of these tests are officially accepted by specific universities and colleges. If a student wants to take any of these alternative language exam paths, he must ask the target academic institution what alternative English proficiency certification they will accept. As of now, TOEFL and IELTS are still the default accepted English language proficiency certifications.

Whichever language certification a student decides to take, rest assured that EssayForum is prepared to help the student/exam taker prepare for the exam. The exam taker will always be in good hands while reviewing and preparing for any English language certification test as a member of this forum.

Home / Student Talk / IELTS Exam - How important is it?