Home / Student Talk   % width Posts: 4

How could this happen? (transferring problem)

zhoudongzhou 5 / 16  
I have told with a representative from the university I am going to apply. He said the school will not see the personal statement even though I have done with my application form. The only thing I need to focus is my GPA and 60 min units done in community college. Based on my current GPA,he lets me sign a agreement which guarantee my admission if I finish 60 min units and GPA is above the min requirement.

In my understanding,that means the personal statement is useless and if I keep my current GPA,I will get admitted.

I am curious that how could personal statement being useless? The university does not pay more attention to personal statement?

Can anyone here explain how this work?
reader2011 4 / 9  
I am assuming that you have a dynomite GPA to get accepted on that alone. Most school use the personal statement to help determine if they are interested in accepting an individual into their program. Personal statements gives the committee a chance to see the person behind the grades (personality, endeavors), basically, things a gpa can not tell about you. There are a lot of crazy people out there with a high gpa and most schools want to steer as far away from those indivduals as possible.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
No, you have misunderstood. If your GPA is too low, then your personal essay will not be seen because they will not even consider your application. If and only if your GPA and other credentials are in order, your application will move on to the second phase, where your personal essay will be read.
Keng 39 / 134  
I agree that having a low grade has an large effect on the scholarship though you get a high score of Toefl IBT.

The strategies is to balance the time for learning toefl ibt and studying in school.

Home / Student Talk / How could this happen? (transferring problem)