Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 3

Length requirements for CV and any suggestions about how to make it successful.

Jeecee 5 / 19  
I just wondering is that a rule the length of a CV or personal statement?
What is the guideline?
What is important to including or not to write in the statement?

The reason that I asked because I/m in the planning stage of writing a CV to apply for MA in sociology. Any suggestions are welcome.

Olyalya 1 / 6  
As far as I know CV is ordinary max 2 pages long.
It is usefull to divide the space in functional parts so as the eye of the person who is reading the CV could easily find the necessary part. All the statements shoild be concise and as short as possible.

By the way there are a lot of templates in the Internet, I also not long ago searched for them).
By the way there are a lot of templates in the Internet

Yes, this is good advice, here. You can google this: curriculum vitae examples

That will give you a lot of good ideas. And I think the most important point to keep in mind is that you should write it with the intention of showing that you have several very clear goals that you are working toward, and you have a clear idea of what you want to do and why you want to be involved in this program. It is okay for some people to be uncertain about what they want to do, but for your purposes it is good to be DECISIVE and give a lot of details about what you want to do.

Home / Student Talk / Length requirements for CV and any suggestions about how to make it successful.