Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 3

I like to know more information on method of application for Indian student

Rachu 1 / 1  
Hi. Thank you for helping me out in advance. I am interested in applying for the KGSP scholarship, however I am a bit confused about method of application.

- Korean embassy in India released proposal.sakshat.ac.in/scholarship/ link for online application but in the documentation about the scholarship from the above link also says that "Applicant's are also required to fill the prescribed KGSP form available at studyinkorea.go.kr/en/sub/gks/selectBoardArticle.do " . Does this mean along with online link, I have to mail/post the documents listed in guideline as stated in 2nd link for KGSP scholarship? Or just the online application and then the other documents are to be produced in interview round? I noticed the method of application is different from other countries.

- If I have to produce all the documents in the first round I do have one more issue, i.e parents citizenship proof. My parents do not have passport and they do not have government issued birth certificate. Is FRC the only way? Can I produce any other document other than those 3.

The below detail is from guidelines :
The proof of citizenship must be the government-issued documents. Examples include, "but are not limited to",
the following:
- A birth certificate issued by the government of the applicant's country;
- A family register issued by the government of the applicant's country
- Passport copies of the applicant and his or her parents

Does "but are not limited to" mean I can produce any other document, if that's the case what are the documents.

Please let me know the details, I am scared of losing this chance .
Rashma, I take it that you are applying via the embassy track which is why you are confused. The answer to your question is yes, all the documents need to submitted to the embassy for consideration. Incomplete documents will result in your application being rejected immediately. As for your parents, It would be better if you use the documents presented in the list as alternatives. Perhaps you can get a a family register issued for them? As for the other alternative documents, you need to ask the KGSP representative at the embassy about that. Send an email explaining your situation and ask what other documents you can present in place of the current suggested documents, should your parents be unable to produce any of those. Unfortunately, this is a major document requirement. That means, if you cannot produce it, then your application will not be considered. The KGSP is very strict about the documents because you are a foreigner who will be entering their country as a student. They need to make sure that your background can be properly checked and vetted before you are considered as a formal applicant.
OP Rachu 1 / 1  
Hi. Thank you for your response. Please confirm if I have to apply online and also mail all the forms requested for the first round. Contacting embassy was of no help. Later I tried contacting previous year Indian applicant and they told for first round it's just the online application, if selected for second round then all requested forms need to be produced. Please confirm about this. I will contact advocate to check if they can provide FRC to confirm citizenship. Thank you for helping me out with this.

Home / Student Talk / I like to know more information on method of application for Indian student