Home / Student Talk   % width Posts: 12

Listening: 8.5 - I got my IELTS result today

MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Hello everybody!
I just got my IELTS result about 20 minutes ago and this was unbelievable. I would like to express my thanks to all of the moderators, contributors and other members who have taken time to give me valuable corrections and recommendations since I started joining this forum and my writing and grammar has improved a lot!

Here is my score:
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8.0
Writing: 8.0
Speaking: 8.0
Overall: 8.0
Thank you very much!
talwinder 2 / 5 1  
Congratulations MisterWandering, I'm also preparing for IELTS
Please share your experience how you improved your writing and reading.
and what was your topic to speak on cue card and the essay topic.
Congratulations Du Tuan! It's great news and we are very happy about your excellent score. We hope you too would continue the good work by helping others through your experience by visiting EF frequently ;)

And thank you for dropping a note to inform us your achievement which is very thoughtful.
We wish you all the best ! :)
dumi
OP MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Thank you Sukhjit! It's very kind of you.
My writing task 2 prompt is "The tendency for human beings to copy one another is shown in the popularity of fashions in clothing and comsumer goods. To what extent do you agree or disagree?" and my part 2 speaking test is to describe a picture that I like.

Actually, I do not have any specific tips but I highly recommend reading as many topics and articles as possible as it definitely helps you generate your ideas easily and learn helpful grammar and topic language. Also, once you post your essay here, you will receive valuable feedback from others to enhance your skills :)

Thank you very much Dumi! It's nice of you to say so. Of course, I will continue to visit this wonderful forum as frequently as possible :) I am not an expert in writing but I hope to help other members improve their essays at my best efforts.
mahgh123 5 / 14 5  
Happy your best marks.
Please revise my essays and take me your valuable advice too.
Happy to outstanding merit friend.
luckycat - / 2  
Congratulations! I am currently preparing for my IELTS as well. I love your band score, so beautiful.

All the best. :)
OP MisterWandering 18 / 321 130  
Thank you, Rebecca. Good luck with your exam :)
pakias 5 / 14  
Congratulations! I'm taking the IELTS test too in less than a month and was hoping that you will be able to tell me how you got these wonderful scores. Inspiring!
tiyuok 4 / 16  
Hi, Misterwandering

I heard about your good results in IELTS and I am stuck in my speaking now. Would you please give me some suggestion on Part3? I don't know how to answer leading a high score.
ruilee 1 / 1  
congratulations! I'm prepareing IELTS too. A little nervious.
wwbin2008 1 / 2  
Congratulations! This is really a high score!

Home / Student Talk / Listening: 8.5 - I got my IELTS result today