Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 13

How to make academic writing interesting?

dbessays 1 / -  
I really get bored while writing anything for my studies. I lose my concentration and get easily distracted. Is there any way to make it interesting?
It is difficult to prevent boredom from setting in when writing academic papers. Students find it particularly difficult to produce papers that have topics of no interest to them. So, what is a student to do? Find a way to become interested in it. The growth of interest starts with the choice of topic. A professor will always cast a wide net for the student by offering a general topic. This is all part of the plan to make the writing aspect interesting. Do preliminary topic usearch to see what fields or personalities are involved. surely the student will find himself attracted to one of the main or sub.topics. Once that interest is found, the student will find a keen interest to learn more and write more. Boredom will be avoided.

When drafting the paper, develop an interesting voice, within academic constraints. Liven up the descriptions. Be insightful with personal opinions. Use an active voice. When boredom setsin, join a group chat or forum related to the topic. You will be amazed at how this sort of interactions help keep boredom away and, most importantly, adds to your own existing research.

There are other ways to fight boredom but , these are the 2 most effective ways that I know of.
zerozero 1 / 2  
In my opinion, one of the most important things is that you must do your research by heart. I believe that if you don't enjoy your work, what you write will be uninteresting. Otherwise, everything may be inadequate at first but will improve over time.
blackraven 1 / 2  
You should more advanced words and also explain your opinion appropriately.
mo6562 1 / 2  
If it is possible, incorporate things that interest you into the content, this will make you more engaged and invested in what you are writing.

The setting which you write also makes a difference in how long you can focus for be sure to write comfortably and when you have energy, preferably earlier in the day.
lamliinh 1 / 2  
I think you should write something that you enjoy first, advanced words maybe not be necessary if you do not want to. Trying to write as much as possible
hhspark 3 / 9  
Base on my experience, I think it is best to select the topic that would intrigue your interests the most. I know its hard to find any fun in the academics...

Changing the environment of your working spot is very helpful as well.
anhtran98 1 / 1  
Just write what you experience and learn throughout your day and keep practice
Henry1234 1 / 3  
From my experience, the only way to make writing academic writing interesting is to choose the topic that you are interested in. Like I love writing literary essays, but I hate writing argumentative essays that include social issues and sort of stuff.
Jasminbajwa 1 / 5  
@dbessays
I saw an interview with a professor who wrote his failures and successes while writing research papers in the form of a story. This made his research papers pretty interesting to read.
segrid15 2 / 4  
In my opinion, think about your initial goals and what can academic writing brings you in the future. This is one of the way to get rid of the boredem.

Alternatively, you can take a rest when you feel bored when writing the academic paper.

Go for fun or do the things you love, then come back and start the academic writing might decrease the boredem.
FrimpsCobby 2 / 4  
In my own opinion, its quite difficult to start writing an academic paper if you really don't have interest in it. One way to be interested in it to be consistent in writing it.

Set small writing goals, take enough breaks and then you find it interesting as time goes on.

Quitting because of boredom will mean you cannot have interest in it.

I hope this helps
Duy Dang 6 / 15  
@dbessays
First, pick a few topics that are connected to a variety of issues that are well-known to you. Discussing it can help you feel more comfortable and interested.

Home / Student Talk / How to make academic writing interesting?