Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 3

McGill University - application essay to write?

krkr12 2 / -  
I have applied to McGill University and I got my response 2 days ago with the pass and login id. When I enter the website and got to my applications and open them there is no essay to write I applied to B commerce and b Eng computer. my question is. Is there any essays to write or not?
TuyenDo 2 / 1  
Hi there,
Usually, there is no need to write essay when applying for undergraduated degree. However, to make your application be strong, you can prepare a letter of intent or letter of purpose and send it with all your required document [transcript, language proficiency proof].
Karim, McGill is a government funded university in Canada. As such, you are not required to write an application essay unless you are looking for a scholarship sponsor. For Canadian universities, they rely mostly on the grades and national exam scores of the students for admission decisions. So there is no need for you to worry, there is no need for you to write any sort of essay for your application to McGill. Just provide the required transcript of records and other documentation as specified on the website. It is pretty much a direct acceptance process based on merit (grades). Now, if you are thinking of applying for a scholarship, then inquire as to what sort of essay or essays the scholarship program will require you to submit and prepare those instead. When it comes to university applications though, just follow the onscreen instructions and your application will be set for submission. Good luck!

Home / Student Talk / McGill University - application essay to write?