Home / Student Talk % width Posts: 8

Mining Engineering Schools in Australia -

Maryann 3 / 8  
Hi, I am interested in applying for graduate program in Mining Engineering in Australia. I will be very grateful if someone can help me with some interesting schools in Australia that offer enough financial assistance for further studies.

Thank you.
zowzow 10 / 175  
Although I lived in Australia for half my life, I don't know much about Graduate mining programs haha I didn't even know they had one!

anyway here is what i found for ya

mining.unsw.edu.au/Whatis/faq.htm#scholarships

UNSW is pretty respectable school in the state so you can't go wrong with it in terms of school wise. However, do more research about scholarships because I don't know if Aussie universities gives that much aid for international students.

If you need other info about Australia let me know.

Good luck
menon_ranjit 1 / 15  
I have a lot of student friends in australia pursuing graduate degrees in mechanical engineering, and they tell me that most of them are absorbed into Mining industries, so you could consider that as an option.

But if you do go down under, Just be sure to wear a bulletproof vest at all times if you are brown skinned LOL j/k
I can offer this link I found science-engineering.net/australia/mining-engineer.htm

I hope that gives you a good start!

:-)
OP Maryann 3 / 8  
thank you guys so much. I'll keep you posted on any developments
ShaunLehane - / 2  
What does Mining Engineering encompas?

I am a student currently attending grade 11, and I am interested in Mining Engineering, as my father is in the Mining business. I would like to know what it is about and what pre-requisites I will need so I can study it at University.

Any information at all would be helpful.
Great question, Shaun. I found a lot of info by googling "mining engineering."
Here is a good one... Google this: Mining Engineering Major - Info, Careers, and Jobs

Also, I found this great link for you...

careers.stateuniversity.com/pages/69/Mining-Engineer.html

:-) Does that help?

Home / Student Talk / Mining Engineering Schools in Australia -