AAS Supporting Statement - data analyst course.

thornberry712 1 / -  

the age of big data requires good analysts

Because I found that this major would support me to become a data analyst. Data analysis is an important skill in this age of big data. The ability to gain insight from data would help the policymakers to decide their actions so that it would boost a nation's prosperity in the end. The business side would take advantage too if they have a data analyst on their side since the economic policies would be made accurately and based on data. Besides, the course is related to my undergraduate study, so I think I wouldn't have any difficulty regarding the main concept understandings. With statistical skill that I got from my undergraduate experiences, I believe that this course would be a happy place to learn and the right place to develop.
Maria - / 1,098 389  
I would opt that you try to not be repetitive with your usage of words. When you find yourself in a rut for constantly using the same words, you can easily be more creative. Open up your thesaurus and dictionary. This is important especially if you want to build up a specific tone or language for the entirety of your essay.

Make concise your language. Ensure that you are using inserting the right punctuation in the right portions of the text. Ensure that you set the right tone of language, especially given that you are attempting to create a statement that will convince the evaluators that you need this course as a foundation for your career. Avoid trying to make vague personal statements. Instead, I would recommend that you opt for a tone of language that is decisive.

Remember that there is a difference between:
With statistical skill that I got from my undergraduate experiences, I believe that this course would be a happy place to learn and the right place to develop.

In comparison to something that is like:
My statistical competencies from undergraduate would beeven more honed with the learning of the course.
Notice how the latter appears to be more goal-oriented and is full of certainty that the course will help you develop your skills. The former, on the other hand, is quite uncertain. If you can create bold proclamations, this can help you better the structure of your essay.

Best of luck.

Home / Undergraduate / AAS Supporting Statement - data analyst course.