Abandoned do not means useless! My parents influenced me.

bertcylau 2 / 3 1  
Please give me your insight, does it address the question fully? Im aware that I mention 'parents' rather than a specific individual.
Any blatant errors or things to improved on?

Prompt- Describe a person who has had an influence on you, and share with us why and/or how the person has influenced you (300 words).

As I tinkered with the newfound computer fished from my void-deck's recycling bin, I inspected its components and current condition, "An AMD processor, 8 gigabytes of ram, it could be a powerful machine," everything seemed to be intact apart from the hard drive. That wasn't a problem, a quick trip to the Salvation Army store would fix that. I would make it work again. My name is Bertrand Lau and I occasionally find "junk" to take back home with me. I am no hoarder, however, I do take pleasure in restoring things that others might deem useless or obsolete.

There was once a baby, premature and abandoned. The doctors predicted that he would not make it. However, a couple saw something special, something beyond what his birth parents or doctors had seen. This tiny, struggling life, discarded of hope was taken in and given new life, a second chance, and in a sense, a "heart" drive to be something that he would not have otherwise been able to become. That baby was me.

Even though I was too callow to understand what was happening then, I retrospect and recognize that without my parents, I probably would not have lived to tell my story today. Indeed, even the tiniest and most-broken things can be restored to something of great value; just like a "diamond in the rough."

This experience has influenced me to see value in even the most broken and "useless" things, just like the discarded computer. I believe that there are people who feel like they are unwanted or forgotten. In my own small way, I try to emulate what my parents have done for me by making a difference in another person's else's life. For all you know, that gesture might save that person's life too?
Smile_Jen 2 / 4 2  
I think that you sholud your essay look like abstract so much. The reader have to attention for understanding your essay. You should provide the example which can depict more clear.

Home / Undergraduate / Abandoned do not means useless! My parents influenced me.