AbuDhabi/Lonely Planet/Unity,Values,Knowledge sharing-Choice of living/Book&Why UWC?

LDWV 1 / -  
Thanks for your help!!!!

40. If you had to move permanently from China to any other place on earth, where would you like to live and why (Maximum 5 lines)?

My choice would be Abu Dhabi, a cosmopolitan metropolis. Since Abu Dhabi depends heavily on its oil resource, the government has been diversifying their economic plans. Numerous museums and galleries are in progress, which make Abu Dhabi one of the world's upcoming idea capitals. It is not fully developed but it is booming; it is full of uncertainties but it is full of possibilities; there is blankness but there are also opportunities. I want to live there, as a pioneer, a builder and an innovator.

41. If you could read only one book for the rest of your life, what book would it be and why? (Maximum 5 lines).

Reading is a means to communicate with great men, to learn knowledge and to broaden one's horizon. If I could read only one more book in my life, I would choose Lonely Planet, a travel guide, because with it, I could travel and see the world in person; I would see the real world, both the bright and dark sides; I would meet lots of people, with whom I would have inspiring conversations. If I cannot read many books, which provide me with profound insight, I would go find what I want myself.

42. Briefly describe your family circumstances. Please include anything unusual or interesting you want to draw to the attention of the National Committee (Maximum 3 lines).

I live in a family where freedom is admired. My parents guide me but never compel me. Once my decision is made, they always support it. Thanks to their trust, I have many unique experiences that my peers do not have the opportunity to experience. We are like friends and often travel together.

43. Explain why you are interested in attending a United World College (Maximum 10 lines).

Kai-fu Lee once said, "Smart person is like a gravitational field." Therefore, it is easy to understand why I am so absorbed in United World College, where hundreds of diverse, unparalleled, interesting and incredibly intelligent peers from all over the world gather together. Studying intense IB courses with these clever peers enable us to exchange our views and develop a global sense. I believe it will be a fun as well as valuable experience.

In addition, UWC makes education a force to unite people, nations and cultures for peace and a sustainable future. Its values impressed me. I always wish a world where there is no discrimination or violence, and people share knowledge and technology with others without selfishness. In my favorite song "Imagine", John Lennon sang, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I am not the only one." He is a dreamer and he believes he is not the only one in the world; I am also a dreamer and I believe I am not the only one in UWC.
there is blankness but there are also opportunities

there is emptiness but there are also opportunities.

I want to live there, as a pioneer, a builder and an innovator.

By living in Abu Dhabi, I intend to be a pioneer, builder and and innovator.

Reading is a means to communicate with great men, to learn knowledge and to broaden one's horizon.

.... impressive

I would see the real world, both the bright and dark sides

I wish you re-phrased this because it sounds a bit repetitive since almost the same idea is said in the previous line.

Home / Undergraduate / AbuDhabi/Lonely Planet/Unity,Values,Knowledge sharing-Choice of living/Book&Why UWC?