'I was abused by my Mom'; Statement of purpose for SCAD ( animation interest)

tyler825 1 / -  
This is my statement of purpose for SCAD, I would really enjoy some comments and thoughts on how to make it better and look more professional.

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----- ------------
Growing up as a child I was abused by my Mom. My way of escaping was watching the old Disney classic movies; like The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, and all the others. While watching these movies, I had a feeling of being at home and happiness. And even at age 20 I still get those feelings watching them. My experiences and the feeling I got from the movies, is the reason I'm perusing a career in animation.

My goal is to attend the Savannah School of Art and Design and earning a degree in animation. During the summer of 05', I found a character animator who attended SCAD. I exchanged E-mails with her about what college she attended; and she had nothing but good things to say about SCAD. And it was during that time I decided that I wanted to attend SCAD more than anything.

During the summer of 07 I got my first Introduction to the field of animation; I did a summer program with the Portland Art Institute for two weeks. While attending that program I got to work on a short flash animation film with other students, that program got me hooked on animation even more. Being able to have your drawings come to life was a experience that I can't even put into words. In my senior I took a flash animation course at the local community college and that class taught me the basics and fundamentals of animation. Since high school I've been taking more classes on animation so I can learn all I can about the career I love.

Animation is the frame by frame photographic process in which the illusion of life is created. And it is that "creation of life" that makes me love animation so much. There are just endless possibilities with animation, the ability to create new characters and give them personalities of their own. I would love to work on a film or a cartoon that makes a child how I felt watching animated shows and movies.

I know that SCAD while give me the training and education that I need to become a animator. SCAD has a lot of opportunities for me to get into the animation field. Plus a awesome animation department that has all the latest programs and teachers who have worked in the field that their teaching. So if I'm accepted to SCAD I know I'll be in good hands, and I'll work hard to make sure my dreams come true.
Growing up as a child

This is redundant. You can have "growing up" or "as a child," but not both.

No need for commas here, but use "are"
My experiences and the feeling I got from the movies are is the reasons I'm perusing a career in animation.

My goal is to attend the Savannah School of Art and Design and earning earn a degree in animation.

... cartoon that makes a child feel how I felt watching animated shows and movies.

Additionally, there is an Plus a awesome animation department that has all the latest programs and teachers ...

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / 'I was abused by my Mom'; Statement of purpose for SCAD ( animation interest)