'academic excellence, location, small student body' - Why Tufts?

cherrybomb94 20 / 44  
Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application? In short: "Why Tufts?" (50-100 words)

Tufts University strikes me as a school that has it all: academic excellence, an unbeatable location near Boston, and a small student body size that fosters interaction and growth. I am drawn because of Tufts because it offers outstanding programs in engineering but also encourages undergraduates to explore subjects in the School of Arts and Sciences. As a student who has multiple interests, I believe that Tuft's quirky academic climate is the perfect place for me to grow as both an individual and a scholar.
deremifri 9 / 137  
I have read this grow as a person and as an academic before, since this is so common. Try to be original.
"I am drawn because of Tufts because it" that can't be right.
Could you talk a little more about yourself?
Apart from that quite nice.

I would like to invite you to review my revised movie essay.
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Theresa

I agree with Max, its kind of common and generic in some instances. Try and talk about yourself. The trick to why X? questions is showing why X is the place for YOU.

Hope this helps!
cupnoodle123 15 / 52  
Tufts University strikes me as a school that has it all: academic excellence, an unbeatable location near Boston, and a small student body size that fosters interaction and growthpretty generic reasons ...You can try to find reasons that relate to your interests/therefore you like tufts since it fits you, more like that . I am drawn because of Tufts because it offers outstanding programs in engineering but also encourages undergraduates to explore subjects in the School of Arts and Sciencesehh, you shuold delve deeper into this...make this sentnece a bit deeper... . As a student who has multiple interests, I believe that Tuft's quirky academic climatequirky academic enviroment is the perfect place for me to grow as both an individual and a scholar.

Your organization of thoughts is fine, but the answer is pretty generic, and could be true of any college too...Maybe do some research and watch Youtube vids :) Those kinda help you feel the atmosphere of the place...the type of work done there...ppl's clubs...spoirts..etc that you can refer to in this thing

HOpe this helps !:D
ZhoeK 5 / 173  
Theresa

I see you went with humour this time around.

You wanna know why, Tufts?
Something daring/interesting for the intro.

Also try not to just list things. It depletes from the essay and makes it sound like elementary.

Hope this helps.
TheLeader 2 / 36  
There are several reasons why I love Tufts University. One reason is that its location near Boston means plenty of cultural opportunities are available right outside campus. As a girl who's been stuck in suburbs all her life, proximity to a bustling urban environment is something I definitely find appealing. I'm also interested in the various student organizations at Tufts. Some of the activities that I would be interested in joining are Sarabande, International Club, and Engineers Without BordersIf you can, you should pick one or two and explain WHY you would be interested in joining it. It lets the reader know your intentions if you get in instead of you just listing the clubs you want to join. . To top it all off, Tufts offers one of the best dining services in the country. What more could a hungry girl like me ask for?Hmm.. I think this may be a little awkward. Tufts wants to know why you want to be admitted because of cirriculums and undergraduate experience, not food. I think you should write something else to conclude, something that makes the admissions officer go "Wow!" instead of "Oh, one of the main reason she wants to join Tufts is because of the food"...

Sorry I was a little harsh, but I really think if you checked out the feedback from the other members and I, this essay will stand out from the crowd. Overall a good essay, but I would elaborate on some of the clubs and change the ending to something more eye-catching.

Good luck! And thanks for reading my essay!
lostboy10 - / 8  
you could also talk about the jan month where you can travel or pursue something you normall wouldnt have. otherwise its good!

I would appreciate it you could take a look at mine!

Home / Undergraduate / 'academic excellence, location, small student body' - Why Tufts?