Academic Goal and Study Plan - AMA+ Undergraduate Scholarship 2022

miriyome 1 / 2  
Hello, this is a part of my study plan that I'm struggling on writing it. I don't know how to write it properly (structurally) and what it have to contain...I really appreciate if you help me!

It is for AMA+ Undergraduate Scholarship, I'm applying for BA - Directing :)

Academic Goal and Study Plan

In my first three years as a student, I aim to produce short films lasting up to 10 minutes to explore in depth the genres I want to work on the most, and in my last year a feature film of 20 to 30 minutes. As a freshmen student, I will be making a short drama film about the life of two immigrants to South Korea and how their new life will have challenges to face; as a sophomore, will create a short romance film that involves the story of a divorced couple and how single life will impact them after years of marriage and the emergence of new passions for both of them; as a junior, I will work on a short sci-fi film where humanity's hope lies in a young man and an old man who are the cure for a disease that puts human beings into a permanent coma; the last year will be the gateway to my future specialization, directing horror films, using the South Korean urban legend of "soul snatchers in dreams," which tells the story of a teenage girl who has just lost her grandmother and after dreaming about her, is in danger of her grandmother trying to steal her soul to stay with her in the afterlife.

To achieve these goals and develop my projects and academic skills properly, I will dedicate myself to all the classes, but I would like to focus more on the directing classes in order to have a solid technical base in narrative filmmaking and be able to implement these classes in my projects, screenwriting classes to create structurally well-developed scripts, and cinematography classes to improve my camera operation techniques. Furthermore, I am going to contact professionals in the filmmaking field, go to lectures and workshops, get into artistic clubs and create some of them, do volunteer work at the university to help general and senior students in their final projects and ask for orientation from expert professors such as Professor Park Kwangsu, Kim Hongjun and Park Hyuncheol.

Thank you! :)
I believe that your study plan should be focused on the development of the Horror genre that you wish to specialize in starting from your freshman year. That way you can utilize every academic semester in a manner that will help you hone your skills in the genre. The twist? How will you integrate the romance into the story? How will you immerse the viewer into the lives of immigrants whose life challenges are part of the horror story? The goal of the study plan has to be to polish and perfect your skills in the horror genre since that is the specialization you want to focus on. Integrate it into every story you will be telling, it could be light horror, it could be comedic, it could be serious. It all depends upon the story you are wanting to tell. If you fix the goal of your studies, you will notice that it will better integrate itself into the study plan you have created.
OP miriyome 1 / 2  
@Holt thank you so much!! :D

Home / Undergraduate / Academic Goal and Study Plan - AMA+ Undergraduate Scholarship 2022