Personal or academic interests vs. intellectual and personal goals - essay

jenrik2714 2 / -  
Pleas review my essay and give critiques please
In an essay of 300 words or less, write about how your personal or academic interests relate to your intellectual or personal goals.

My genuine passion is biology (especially animal science) and nothing more can appeal to me than exploring the animal world.

Since childhood, I have always been fond of animals. Every summer, I remember going to the Brookfield Zoo and petting the animals. I never got tired of going to the zoo. When I was younger, I remember visiting my great grandmother in Mexico. She had a farm with chickens, pigs and dogs. After seeing the baby chicks hatch, I did not want to eat eggs for a little bit. At home, I took care of several pets. I had 2 rabbits that were the most interesting pets I have seen. Not only was the cage filthy, but they smelled as well. However, I gave them my attention. One day my sister and I saw that one of the rabbits had fir in their litter box. Upon closer inspection, we see the litter box moving. My sister and I thought they were parasites. When we called my father, it turned out that one of the rabbits had a litter. We were puzzled because we could not determine the sex of each of the rabbits. My sister and I did not separate them in time and the one rabbit had another litter! After this experience, I learned to research each animal before purchasing them.

To achieve my goal, I want to major in Biology and possibly explore animal science. During my undergraduate studies, I hope to participate in research projects related to this area. I want to work with the distinguished faculty from the University of Illinois who can help me explore my interests.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
You've got a good start here. You could add a little bit on your specific interests in this field a little bit more. Do you have any goals for your time at the university? What area of expertise would you like to go into when you graduate? Things like that.
youer_0 - / 1  
write about how your personal or academic or academic interests / myself

In an essay of 300 words or less, write about how your personal or academic interests relate to your intellectual or professional goals
Ale_giss - / 1  
Essay about myself, including interests, expectations, and goals for the future

Write a brief essay about yourself. Include your interests, expectations, and goals for the future.

This is a college essay and I don't know where to start!
I am applying to an interior design school and I currently attend Marymount University. I don't want to start of my saying "my name is bla blah blah I am blah blah blah years old" it sounds so boring but I just don't know how to start it off. Please anybody help thank you!
judas 4 / 21 2  
Hi,

I think the best way to start off an essay like this is to write from the heart. What does that mean? Well, write what you are passionate about. Tell us about how you developed your passion for interior design. What do you like about interior design? You also might include some hobbies or other passions that you have to show that you are a well-rounded person. Do you watch Minnesota Vikings games with your dad every Sunday or teach hula hoop to kids at the local Boys and Girls Club? Specifics from your own personal life will make your essay pop. I hope this feedback serves you well. Best of luck.

Home / Undergraduate / Personal or academic interests vs. intellectual and personal goals - essay