"Personal or academic interests." Univ. of Ill essay.

jusanglee91 5 / -  
Topic: Write about how your personal or academic interests relate to your intellectual or professional goals. (Less than 300 words)

Airplane is a big star for little children, but as they grow up, they tend to shift their interest. When I was growing up, I have never lost my interest on airplanes. I was so fascinated about airplanes that I drew airplanes everyday and received an artistic award in first grade. As of now, I am a big fan of flight simulator games and I have been playing that game as long as I could remember.

Because of my passion, I once thought about becoming a pilot, but my parents were against it because of its risks, so I continually thought about majoring in something related to aircrafts. One day I was doing a career search and it gave me a list of majors according to my interests. Then suddenly two words came off the page: Aerospace Engineering. I clicked on it and read about it. It was exactly what I was looking for: develop, design and test aircrafts and missiles. I was eager to talk to my parents as soon as they got home. This time, they supported me. I found out that engineering is all about math and science, but I had no worries because I always excelled in my math classes and always had interest in physics and chemistry classes. I felt like I was born to become an aerospace engineer. Since then, I started growing my passion for aerospace engineering. Now, I am ready to take all the challenges and become the best aerospace engineer.
Airplanes represents a kind of magic for little children, but as they grow up, children tend to shift their interests . When I was growing up, I have never lost my interest in airplanes. I was so fascinated about airplanes that I drew airplanes everyday, and I received an artistic award in first grade. I am still a big fan of flight simulator games and I have been playing that game as long as I could remember.

One day I was doing a career search and it gave me a list of majors according to my interests. Suddenly, two words came off the page: Aerospace Engineering. I clicked on it and read about it.

Sometimes it's good to go back and take out words that are unnecessary. Extra words weaken the writing. I made these corrections above, good luck as an aerospace engineer!!!!

Home / Undergraduate / "Personal or academic interests." Univ. of Ill essay.