Academic school choice. Need help for final critiques

alladin06 2 / 4 1  
With the understanding that the choice of academic school you indicated is not binding, explain why you are applying to that particular school of study.2000 character limit

As a child, instead of watching Saturday morning cartoons, I used to watch videos on how things were made. I was fascinated with the fact that inside every gadget, there were different components helping it function. I wanted to know what those components were. As time progressed, I became obsessed with a single question: "why?" Then I got my first iPod. I was a curious child who had the habit of taking things apart just to learn what was going on in the inside. I was overwhelmed with a need to know how each aspect of it functioned. From the software to the wireless connection to the LCD screen, I wanted to know it all. But being a child I didn't really have the knowledge to understand the complete technical aspects of my IPod. Entering High school, I extensively researched several career paths and decided that engineering would be the most beneficial to me in unraveling the mysteries of the electronic world. Junior year, I was introduced to coding by my Pre-AP computer science class. I became interested in software, but I missed seeing how the hardware and software cooperated. Within engineering, I chose electrical computer engineering because not only does it keep me engaged with moderate amounts of coding, but it also allows me to explore my passions for understanding the inner workings of electronics.
shmegg 7 / 26 1  
During my junior year, I was introduced..*

Its very good!!
annahpyra 2 / 5 1  
It's very good! I would further go into what specific "passions" you have for electrical computer engineering.
And perhaps end it with "This is what led me to apply to so and so school.."
ramenbowl95 5 / 8  
This was great! You structured it well aligning it with your life (from child to present) and the clarity of your passion was definitely visible!

Home / Undergraduate / Academic school choice. Need help for final critiques