UC2: Accepting others

Haru21 6 / 18  
Hello. I wrote 6 different topic essays for this prompt because i over think things. Since all my new ones are just hollow ramblings, I'm going to put my original one that I made a year ago up and see if that's any good.

Comments on the thought of the essay in general is appreciated.

UC Prompt 2: Describe a quality of yourself and how it relates to who you are.

Despite having a horrendous understanding of my character and its merits, I do value my ability of accepting others. It's slightly different from compassion or being nonjudgmental, whether I also hold these qualities depends on the circumstances, but regardless, I always accept a person for who they are. For example, I may come to a conclusion that a person may be too self centered or perhaps even unpleasant, but rather than rejecting or condemning them, I try to understand their background and just acknowledge it as their current state of self. It's no use evaluating or forming biased opinions, people are just people, and sometimes they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

This particular quality does not make me proud necessarily, my accomplishments in forensics, sciences, and politics may induce temporary pride in terms of accomplishment, but I believe those to be shallow qualities to describe who I am. Personally, I value knowledge and intelligence, but that is not how I gauge a person's worth. There are many instances where I am far from intelligent, so I chose a quality that would most likely remain the same throughout the years. It reflects my value of humanity, and it describes my idealistic view of a world where there are less harsh criticisms for which people are. People always make mistakes, but their true worth lies deeper than their beliefs, words, and actions. It lies in their humanity and their ability to care. Such extreme ideals cannot be explained simpler than that.
bloopyxd 1 / 5  
it says on the UC prompt 2 write about something that makes you proud but you wrote about something that does not make you proud necessarily. Some tips: brainstorm first then you should make an outline. just write down any ideas that you think answers the question.

I'm not really good at grammar so I didn't attempt to correct yours because i don't want to tell you the wrong thing. Anyways, good luck with your ps. Can you please edit mine too? Or critique it or something... it would be greatly appreciated. =]
xugx29 4 / 17  
Good essay. It is good to explain the way you see people around in order to emphasize your speciallity. Would it be better if you don't say "it reflects my characters" or "describe my view of the world" because there's no need of that. AOs are people with sharp eyes that can detect things esaily no matter how deep you express it.

Good Luck!

Home / Undergraduate / UC2: Accepting others