According to Henry David Thoreau, 'One is not born into the world to do everything'

321979Cllge 1 / -  
According to Henry David Thoreau, 'One is not born into the world to do everything, but to do something.' What is your something? Please help guys

"Ladies and gentlemen the time we have finally been waiting for...the grand opening of..." The voices faded in my head as I looked at all their eager faces. This is what I was born to do, to bring change in the world through education.

Women. They invented bulletproof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers, laser printers and other significant things that impact our lives. Although I did not invent any of these things I can still impact the world in a different way, by giving underprivileged children the opportunities that I had.

My goal in life is to one day open schools for underprivileged children in third world countries. I want those children to get the same opportunity I had to get a good education and broaden their horizons. They deserve not only an excellent education, but a wide choice of extracurricular activities, such as, a variety in sports, music and art.

It is for these reasons that I believe that University of Maryland is best for me. When I enter Maryland, I will be majoring in Business Management because it is through this program that I can achieve my goal.
Although I did not invent any of these things, I can still impact the world in a different way, by giving underprivileged children the opportunities that I had.

They deserve not only an excellent education, but a wide choice of extracurricular activities, such as, ---No comma here.--- a variety of sports, music and art.

It is for these reasons that I believe the University of Maryland is best for me.

This is coming along great, but I think it would be even better, if you mention something at the end of the essay about what Thoreau said. That would tie it all up nicely. Good luck in school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / According to Henry David Thoreau, 'One is not born into the world to do everything'