ACCOUNTING/ STUDY @ WATERLOO AIF; Additional Information -My Self Description

Supreme /  
Hello,

On the Waterloo AIF, there is a question asking you to tell them about anything else you want them to know. So I decided to talk about my learning style because I figure everyone will just list skills that all ideal applicants to this program will have. Above is my answer to the question. Can you please help me edit and provide feedback on changes I should make. I'm not quite sure if this paragraph will sell myself more or if it will be taken as a bad note.

Program applied too: Waterloo AFM-CA

In addition to the specific information requested in all of the AIF questions, please tell us anything else about yourself that you would like us to know when we review your application. Please make sure to complete all sections of the AIF before submitting this page. (900 character limit)

Throughout high school, I discovered that I learn best when course material has real life application. I pose a greater interest level to materials that I can use down the road, but this does not mean I completely ignore irrelevant information, it just means the enthusiasm is not there. After discovering that accounting is the field that I want to pursue, it was clear that I want to study it and skip the boring irrelevant subjects. My solution? Study at Waterloo. Besides the punctual, work ethic, dedication, and leadership traits that I possess, I believe that my learning style works hand to hand with Waterloo's tailored accounting program. As important as it is to have high grades and excellent character traits, it is just as important for a student to have chemistry with what they are learning.

Thank you, I appreciate your time! (:
Throughout high school, I discovered that I learn best when course material has real life applications .

.... plural sounds better :)

I pose a greater interest level to materials that I can use down the road, but this does not mean I completely ignore irrelevant information, it just means the enthusiasm is not there.

I have more interest in materials that are tangible, yet it does not mean I completely ignore intangible and irrelevant information. However, my enthusiasm lies with the practicality of what I learn.

After discovering that accounting is the field that I want to pursue, it was clear that I want to study it and skip the boring irrelevant subjects.

After discovering that accounting is the discipline for me to pursue, I wanted to avoid studying the boring and irrelevant subjects.
OP Supreme /  
Thank you for the help (:

Can anybody give me some feedback on how effective this paragraph is? Thank you
VVCepheiA 11 / 30 3  
Generally it is a good prose :)
However, you need to actually elaborate on how you study since your essay is about " learning style ". Show your passion!
Good luck :)

Home / Undergraduate / ACCOUNTING/ STUDY @ WATERLOO AIF; Additional Information -My Self Description