Very active @ Houston Community Club; TRANSFER to UT Austin / SOP

AJqureshi 1 / -  
hi my name is AJ and im currently a student at Houston Community College and i really want to transfer to the University of Texas at Austin next fall (Fall2012).

Just a couple of facts about myself:
-im an Economics Major (Liberal Arts)
-by the end of my next semester (Spring of 2012) ill have a 3.4 GPA
-im very active at HCC (Houston Community College)
-at HCC im an officer of the Political Science Club, member of Student Government, an HCC Ambassador, and im the President of a club that i created in my government class as a project handed down by Apple (yes THE Apple company).

-our Agenda in the club is to help students find a way to save money for college and helps students look for ways to apply for scholarships,FAFSA, find a better alternative to the expensive prices of books at the campus bookstore ,etc. i began this club because i knew so many of my friends who were just absolutely gifted and smart but were not able to attend college because they felt as if they couldnt afford it or didnt qualify for Financial Aid and it just saddened me to see such bright minds go to waste when i know for a fact they do qualify for FAFSA and that there are scholarships out there for everybody.

so these are just a few things about me.
i am trying to start working on my Statement of Purpose essay but just have absolutely no idea how to start, how long it should be, or even what to include in my essay.

PLEASE HELP ME!
Here are some places where you will probably find all the advice and encouragement you need to write a fine essay!

Then send it here for an edit!

wikihow.com/Write-a-Statement-of-Purpose
statementofpurpose.com
uni.edu/~gotera/gradapp/stmtpurpose.htm

Home / Undergraduate / Very active @ Houston Community Club; TRANSFER to UT Austin / SOP