How can you add to the university of central florida?

Moni09 3 / 4  
Have you ever met someone who just does not understand you, or makes you feel accepted? I have, and I characteristic that I have developed from constantly moving throughout childhood is the ability to be open-minded and learning to relate to others from different ethnicities.

My elementary school was comforting because I grew up in a Caribbean environment and many of the students were African-American. However, in middle school, this changed when there was a higher Hispanic population. I remember sometimes at lunch, my friends would start talking about novellas in Spanish, and I was left out of the conversation because I did not comprehend. At my first high school, there were many Caucasian students, and at times, I felt overwhelmed because some of their viewpoints were different from mine. For example, when I wore braids this girl asked me how do I wash my hair everyday and put it back into braids the next day. I had never been asked such a question before. Although, my current high school is predominantly black, my program is comprised mainly of students of the Middle Eastern background. By them being in my class, they showed me that I can adjust to new situations, and experience similarities and differences without losing my essence in the process.

These cultures have given me the opportunity to learn about different ethnicities in this world, and I feel that I can add this diversity to my new environment because they have shaped my personality and I would like to do the same for others.

------------

Hello I am trying to cut this down to about 190 and I need to make it more college ready. How can I make this sound more believable for college

Word Count: 260
Have you ever met someone who just does not understand you, or who makes you feel unaccepted? I have met people like this, and one characteristic that I have developed from constantly moving throughout childhood is the ability to be open-minded and learn to relate to others from different cultures .

My elementary school was comforting, because I grew up in a Caribbean environment, and many of the students were African-American.

For example, when I wore braids a girl asked me how do I wash my hair everyday and put it back into braids the next day.

With them in my class, I learned that I can adjust to new situations, and experience similarities and differences without losing my essence in the process.

These cultures have given me the opportunity to learn about the various ethnicities in this world, and I feel that I can...

Home / Undergraduate / How can you add to the university of central florida?