"I have an addiction to Dunkin Donuts Coffee" - Undergrad

Giraffee22 1 / 1  
Anyone have essay advice on this? Its just a rough draft and its for college.

Its crazy but I have an addiction to Dunkin Donuts Coffee. My high school gives seniors the liberty to leave campus during free periods. It was this delightful justice that introduced me to my own Uptopia: a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance. During Senior year, when I'm not in Physics lab third period, you can find me sipping a hot coffee under the purple and orange fluorescent lights of Dunking Donuts. Whether there's a foot of snow on the ground, or a heat wave, one can see my trekking through the wooded path leading to DDs. My friends say I'm an addict and my dad scoffs that perhaps they put nicotine in their drinks, but for me, that coffee is the stress relief of my day. Besides the added bonus of a caffeine boost, to fuel me through AP calculus, or even Symphony band, Dunkin Donuts coffee relaxes me. Its my time to sit back and sip. If I go with friends, we study for an upcoming Shakespeare test, or squeeze our heads together over a concept we didn't quite understand during Psych. If I'm alone, I bask in the freedom to be at peace with myself and cool down with a soothing liquid. If I ever need a quick get away or just want to hit pause on my life remote, I take a quick trip to Dunkin. As the motto states, "Rebecca Runs on Dunkin." Well not quite but it could be!
chloebear - / 3  
Could you post the prompt?

I don't understand the correlation between drinking coffee and who you are, it just seems like you enjoy coffee. My advice would be to expand on why this period of relaxation is so important to you and why its different from just drinking coffee.
OP Giraffee22 1 / 1  
Ok thanks! I appreciate the advice and I agree, I need to relate it more to who I am. The prompt is to say one unique thing about yourself, they want it to be unique and bold. Funny in a way.
jyu104 14 / 46  
Maybe you can compare the coffee to you and how you are similar. Or talk about the culture of coffee and it's impact on you. Or perhaps how it allows you to be who you are.

Good luck :).
Mind if I prophesize? I foresee you looking again at this essay and noticing the other excellent theme that has to go with the Dunkin coffee theme. Sometimes, you come up with a great trait for expressing a character's personality, and for you Dunkin is part of a cool trait; but it is only half. The other concept that should be included in this essay is waiting there in your mind, waiting to be noticed. As it is, the essay does not contain much substance, but as a great concept to blend with one associated with your academic interests or professional plans... that will be substantial. :-)

Home / Undergraduate / "I have an addiction to Dunkin Donuts Coffee" - Undergrad