about the additional information (practice my Chinese penmanship)

love and peace 1 / -  

China Penmanship

In recent summer vacation, what the most I did is to practice my Chinese penmanship, I averaged two hours' practice a day. I have been writing Chinese penmanship for thirteen years. It is a good way to calm people down. Every time I have a bad mood, I grab my ink brush to write something down, and after that, I can always feel a little bit comfortable. That's the reason why I keep writing Chinese penmanship.

I like to help others every time when I have spare time; especially I like to help elderly people. When I was still a student in Secondary School, I always volunteered to help in the small Elderly Care Home by my house. Many of the elderly there did not have any families, sometimes I would make their day by just talking to them. The elderly are so friendly and sincere; they just like little children to me. On the other hand, I have learnt a lot of valuable experience just by listening to them. I did not grow up in a wealthy family, however, helping the elderly is far more meaningful than to earn big from a job.

i am an international student, from hong kong, please help me.
is there any grammar mistakes in my both paragraphs? thanks.
ngockhanhdao - / 2  
" In recent summer vacation " >> In the recent summer vacation

" what the most I did is to practice " ( that sounds awkward ) >> I diligently practiced ... for the most of my time

" two hours' practice " >> two-hour practice

" Every time I have a bad mood, I grab my ink brush to write something down, and after that, I can always feel a little bit comfortable " >> you should split this sentence.

" I like to help others every time when I have spare time " ( sounds sloppy ) >> I like to help others when I have spare time

" ; especially I like to help elderly people " ( you again should spit this long sentence ) otherwise, >> especially elderly people

" I always volunteered " >> I volunteered

" Many of the elderly there did not have any families, sometimes I would make their day by just talking to them " ( again spit it up unless you connect two clauses with appropriate conjunctions )

Your consecutive sentences are the same. Check it.

That's my suggestion .
Good luck!
I like to help others every time when I have the opportunity to do so; I especially like to help elderly people. When I was still a student in Secondary School, I always volunteered to help in the small Elderly Care Home by my house. Many of the elderly there did not have any families; sometimes I would make their day by just talking to them. The people I met were so friendly and sincere; they had simple, open-hearted appreciation for life, just like little children.On the other hand, I have learnt a lot of valuable lessons just by listening to them. I did not grow up in a wealthy family, however, helping the elderly is far more meaningful than earning big paychecks.

Hey, you know, you seem like a great person! I wanted to tell you that it is more impressive to write "brush calligraphy" instead of penmanship. Penmanship is a subject that very young children learn in school, so it does not sound as impressive. Besides, I think you use a brush instead of a pen, right?! So, call it calligraphy.

You can make a lot of money doing that, you know!! Sell your art to people and charge a lot of money! :) You can do customized work.

Home / Undergraduate / about the additional information (practice my Chinese penmanship)