my admission essay ("Landscape painting")

fl415 3 / 2  
Landscape painting depicts scenery such as mountains, valleys, trees, rivers, and forests. Sky is almost always included in the view, and weather usually is an element of the composition. Especially chinese landscape painting which is black and white most the time for mountains. It's really different from western painting.

I have been drawing chinese landscape painting since four years old. Mountains,flowers, birds, and trees are the things I can draw without a look. But I never draw a western painting. After I came to U.S., I did still practice chinese landscape painting. However, everytime I saw my friends are drawing western painting which I do not know how to draw that I will feel very impressive. After I have learn the western painting, I found out it's hard to paint with the colors. I have never been laying every color on top of each other. But after I have finished my first painting, I took a look at it. Even it looks not really great, but it seems like my works does pay off. The colors of each item are like many of cute dancers dancing on the paper. They have create the life of the painting.

Even though the methods of two painting are totally different, but I have learn them during my eighteen years life. It help me to understand the cultures of two different countries. Every picture I draw is about each country's views. Painting is part of my life which I enjoyed it too.
Hansaml91 1 / 3  
Especially chinese landscape painting which is black and white most the time for mountains. - I think there's a verb missing in there

It's really different from western painting. - maybe describe what western painting is

I have been drawing chinese landscape painting since four years old. - since I was four years old

Mountains,flowers, birds, and trees are the things I can draw without a look. - without looking - but maybe say in it a different way, like with my eyes closed or something, except for not as trite

After I came to U.S., I did still practice chinese landscape painting. - Since I came to the US, i still practice..

However (some other word), everytime I saw see my friends are drawing western painting which I do not know how to draw [comma] that I will feel am very impressive impressed.

After I have learn the western painting, I found out it's hard to paint with the colors. I have never been laying every color on top of each other. But after I have finished my first painting, I took a look at it. Even it looks not really great, but it seems like my works does pay off. The colors of each item are like many of cute dancers dancing on the paper. They have create the life of the painting.

- I haven't gotten to this part yet...

I love the idea of paralleling the difference in Chinese and American art to the differences in the two cultures.
But there are some grammar errors that you can fix up pretty easily. I'll try to get back to you about the last part! Good luck!!
It might strengthen your essay if you could not only talk about the different things you learned from each style of painting, but also how you were able to integrate them (if you did) into your own unique style.
OP fl415 3 / 2  
thx guys...i will change accordingly~

Home / Undergraduate / my admission essay ("Landscape painting")