Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

My Uf Admissions essay What i want to be when i grow up

Supaicgyrl 1 / -  
For the first 14 years of my life I did not know what I wanted to do with the other 60 years I would probably be on this planet. This was pretty hard for me seeing that most people try to plan out their life from an adolescent age. So at six years old when all my friends were saying that they wanted to be doctors, lawyers, actors, and singers I was saying "Guys I don't know what I want to be because I don't want to be a cliché." Nevertheless as I got older it changed from simply "what I want to be when I grow up" to your "career goal" and I felt as if I was the only person that didn't have one. The most irksome part about this was that, I already had enough pressure from my peers about knowing what I wanted to do with my future, now it seemed to have caught the attention of my parents.

So I did what every other kid did got by with mediocre grades that would be somewhat acceptable to my parents, and told them "Mommy and Daddy when I grow up I want to be an astronaut". Knowing that at the time I was deathly afraid of airplanes and there was no way I was jumping in a rocket and shooting myself to outer space anytime soon. But even so my parents were ecstatic that I finally came up with a plan at the blossoming age of 12 and figured who were they to shoot down their child's only dream, when they spent years telling her "Ian-Ruth sweetheart you can be whatever you want to be when you grow up".

August 21, 2004 this was the day I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the rest of my life, this was the day, my grandmother died. My Grandma died due to the negligence of her doctors and nurses. My mom knew and I knew it too. My grandma had Lupus and as a result of it she developed additional diseases. If these doctors had actually taken all her additional illnesses into consideration, what to treat her with and how gentle to be with her, I may have been writing this essay on a different topic today but they didn't. That day I decided I wanted to be a doctor and nothing would stop me.

You see if I get granted admission to the University of Florida nothing will stop me because of the passion, integrity, and motivation that I have acquired from my experiences. After I found out what my career goal would be my decision has never wavered. At UF I will work tirelessly to achieve my goals, and I will never again get distracted by my peers. My experience will affect my college experience by causing me to work harder and to never lose sight of my dream because there needs to be one more person out there who cares.

Home / Undergraduate / My Uf Admissions essay What i want to be when i grow up