(being an Advertising Art Director) Art Institute Graphic Design Application Essay

HalfARose 1 / 2  
I expect my education at the Art Institute of California-Inland Empire to get me to my desired career. I look forward to the hands-on experience and the different courses that ill be taking. I have a strong passion for art and photography, I express my self through my work and love to show people what I can do. From all the art classes, painting to textile and design, in high school I can see my work progressing through my years at the Art Institute. I have already started an art portfolio, while furthering my education in art I want my accomplishments in my portfolio to progress. I want a career in the graphic design area that will further my artistic abilities while exploring my creative side in photography. While studying Graphic design I would like to start my career as being an Advertising Art Director. The education that I will be gaining during the courses should help reach my goal that I'm looking forward to obtaining.
I expect my education at the Art Institute of California-Inland Empire to help me get my desired career.

I look forward to the hands-on experience and the different courses that I'll be taking.---Maybe you could mention one or two in particular.

I have a strong passion for art and photography, and express myself through my work, and love to show people what I can do.---This sentence is too long, it gets confusing. You should say it all with less words or make 2 sentences out of it.

From all the art classes, painting to textile and design, in high school I can see my work progressing through my years at the Art Institute. ---This sentence doesn't make sense...do you mean your experience in art classes in high school will help you at the art institute?

I have already started an art portfolio, while furthering my education in art,and I want the accomplishments in my portfolio to progress.

The education that I will be gaining during the courses should help me reach my goals. that I'm looking forward to obtaining.

Good luck and have fun!

:)
OP HalfARose 1 / 2  
Thank you :) you helped alot and your right some of those sentences are to long I didn't realize it
It has to be approximently 150 words, So do I need a conclusion?

In an essay like that, it might be good to have a conclusion SENTENCE, not a conclusion paragraph. You could even make that sentence more poignant by separating itself from the rest of the essay. So, I guess in that sense it would be a sentence and also a paragraph. :-)

What's another word for expect that I can use in this essay?

I think you should kill the whole sentence. The reader does not need you to tell her you expect the program to empower your career. That's obvious! Never state the obvious... or you will bore the reader. Surprise the reader!

:-)

Home / Undergraduate / (being an Advertising Art Director) Art Institute Graphic Design Application Essay