Advice about the course - Writing 100 or 100ESL

bilal ABUZENAH 15 / 81  
WRITE AN ESSAY.
WHAT ADVICE ABOUT THE COURSE OR INFORMATION ABOUT WRITING WOULD YOU GIVE TO A STUDENT ENTERING ENGLISH 100 OR 100ESL.
be harsh please.
I'll be glad to see your FEEDBACK,COMMENTS,AND CRITICIZES.

Taking English 100 or 100ESL will definitely improve your writing skills; however, some students are hesitating to take this class because they thought they are wasting their time. After taking English 100ESL, I would like to share my experience that I have had in this great class.

Before I took English 100ESL, I was thinking about taking English 101, but the fact I was not ready for 101, and many of my friends advised me to take 100ESL. On the other hand, a few students told me that you will waste your time by taking 100ESL, but I did not listen to them. It's such a great class. I improve my writing skills, start to write more clearly and avoid many grammatical and spelling mistakes. Therefore, I encourage every student to take this class.

Writing is a very important skill. Everyone must have it, and to be a good writer you should practice writing, not just in the class, but in your home too. Whenever you feel that you have some extra time, pick a topic from the newspaper or magazines and write about it. I do this every other day. I read the newspaper, then I pick a topic and write about it. After that, I send it to my English teacher, then he sends me the feedback.

Whenever you write, you have to have a good atmosphere for writing. Before you write, try to listen to English news or music, not to your native songs or news; also, if you are a nonnative speaker, do not use a bilingual dictionary by itself, you should have English-English one beside it. I remember one time I came into my home and saw my brother writing an essay, while he was listening to an Arabian song and using a bilingual dictionary at the same time. After he finished writing, he asked me to proofread it for him. After I proofread it, I found many translation mistakes in his essay, so I told him not to use a bilingual dictionary by itself, and not listen to foreign music whenever you write in English. Because when you write you have to concentrate on your writing, otherwise you will have many mistakes in your essay.

Many students think that is just taking English 100 or 100ESL without doing the all work will make them a good writers, that's totally wrong. If you want to be a good writer you have to work hard; have good attendance and have your assignment done on the time.

In conclusion, it is not impossible to be a good writer. All you need is just take English 100 or 100ESL and follow your instructor's instructions. I think that would be more than enough to put you on the way to be a professional at writing.
alina967 11 / 29  
I read your essay. And I want to add this statement:
students have many choices to leran writing. It is depend on students that they should take ESL100 or not.

I am also ESl student, I know its easy to say" hard work"but when we do it, we realize it; how its hard.
Hello my friend!
are hesitating to take this class because they think ----> keep that verb tense consistent.

Now we switch to past tense as you talk about what you did:
I improved my writing skills, and I started to write more clearly and avoid many grammatical and spelling mistakes.

After that, I send it to my English teacher, and he sends me the feedback.

or

After that, I send it to my English teacher, and then he sends me the feedback.

Home / Undergraduate / Advice about the course - Writing 100 or 100ESL