'affordable tuition and fees' - VTech personal statement

PrspectivStudnt 2 / 4  
Prompt: What are the top five reasons you want to attend V-Tech?

Once I heard of the multiple attributes it had to offer, I was certain that Virginia Tech would be the ideal university to study at. With its affordable tuition and fees, Virginia Tech allows me, a student who comes from a low class family, to have an education without worrying about the inability to payoff college debt. Virginia Tech is also widely known for its outstanding engineering program which will help me strive to become an accomplished aeronautical engineer. Graduating from Virginia Tech will give me the advantage of standing out from other college graduates when I am searching for employment. Aside from the academics, the atmosphere and school pride of the students and faculty are truly appealing. The experiences my older friends have had at Virginia Tech have convinced me that studying there is very exciting and enjoyable. Similar to CD Hylton, the school where I will be graduating from, Virginia Tech has a very diverse student body; one that I would be delighted to be a part of. I am certain that I will add to the diversity at V-Tech considering my background. But the feature that makes Virginia Tech unique is the beautiful appearance of its buildings on campus that were built using "Hokie Stone" and the scenery surrounding the campus. I have always had aspirations of studying at a university like Virginia Tech where I am given the opportunity to receive an education from highly ranked academic programs while experiencing an inimitable and diverse college life.
dualsuriel 1 / 2  
Your statement is well organized and I like the way you talk.
But I think the part about the engineering program and Vtech's diversity can be more specific.
Is there any specific professor or course you would like to mention? And you may clarify how you can contribute to the community.

BTW, you may change the logical order, like this:
"Virginia Tech is widely known for its outstanding engineering program...And with its affordable tuition and fees, Virginia Tech allows me, a student who comes from a low class family, to have an education without worrying about the inability to payoff college debt. "

The difference between "good quality of education---->low tuition" and "low tuition---->good quality of education" is not a big deal...but I simply think changing the order makes it sound better...
phhai 7 / 25  
it is well organized, however, not very distinctive I think.
I don't think speaking of low tuition would be that helpful
For this prompt, i would suggest you to name out specific 5 reasons. Then elaborate on it later.

Home / Undergraduate / 'affordable tuition and fees' - VTech personal statement