"The Age of Harmony"; Olin C / front page headline

a608863a 5 / 21 1  
Question-
In the year 2042 a reporter for The Boston Globe is going to write a feature article about you to appear on the front page! The article will chronicle your profound professional accomplishments, including how you became one of your generation's leading innovators and used your Olin College education to help others and change the world. Help us learn more about you by sharing this story with us.

Write the front page headline (limit 35 characters) and the opening paragraphs of the article that will appear on the front page (no more than 300 words).

The Age of Harmony
"This is the age of harmony! This is the age of understanding each without barriers!" With the discovery of groundbreaking technology on speech recognition, (Name) uttered his aspiration for the future in this week. (Name), an engineer who helped to build a speech recognition model with high accuracy and instant translation and he has revolutionized the world after graduating from Olin College -a college that prepares students to become innovative engineers who recognize the needs of the world. He has stated that "With the education from Olin, I begin to understand the meaning of engineering. Engineer is not only about science and algorithm but also the ability to think differently and responsibility to improve the life of people" While dedicating in the research of speech recognition, Dr. X also has a strong desire for developing a system with his model in order to eliminate the differences among people. "I believe the world will be peaceful when people truly understand the differences of culture, value and moral view each other." With this goal, Dr. X has joined Microsoft, Apple and Google to integrate his model into their products, because he knows that this will be the best way to spread the new technology to everyone in the world. In this modern interconnected world, the needs for understanding different languages increase drastically in recent decades, Dr. X' invention not only accelerates the development of our world but also brings people in a closer relationship.
j814wong 3 / 9 2  
Wait, who is Dr. X? You? First you are called (Name) two times then suddenly called Dr. X? A Doctor has to either have a MD, DO, or a PhD. You can't just come out of undergrad and be a doctor without going through a PhD program. The first mention of your name should be Dr. (Full name) while later mentions would be Dr. (Last Name).
luky0ne 7 / 27 4  
has revolutionized the world

He has stated that

The "has" seemed unnecessary and removing them will save you words :). Other than that j813wong mentioned it all.

Like the post please :)

Home / Undergraduate / "The Age of Harmony"; Olin C / front page headline