"For almost one hundred years, the Latin words" these values will guide me

carlosx09 2 / 3  
Hello! my name is Carlos Osorio and i wrote an essay for Florida State University but i am having a rough time in expressing my english because i come from another country and some things i want to say in spanish i don't know how to translate them to english so a little help would be great and tell me what you think..

Here is the prompt:

For almost one hundred years, the Latin words, "Vires, Artes, Mores" have been the guiding philosophy behind Florida State University. Vires signifies strength of all kinds - moral, physical, and intellectual; Artes alludes to the beauty of intellectual pursuits as exemplified in skill, craft, or art; and Mores refers to character, custom, or tradition. Describe how one or more of the values embodied in these concepts are reflected in your life.

Here is the essay:

The values that I have learned through all my life made me realize how many different things the world has to offer and that we have to get benefited by all the knowledge we can to improve and to reach our desired goals.

To start with, Vires for me is the meaning of all the courage, will and power I put into something I want to achieve, for me this value has been put into use through all the events of my life and the important decisions that had been through my mind, It also helped me to take actions that made me learn a little more meaning to my life and to grow up.

Secondly, A value that has reflected my life all along is Mores because for me, coming recently from a different country made me learn how living in a different place makes you realize tradition, and history are far away different from where you were born, for me this made me learn that tradition is the mark we leave to show where we come from.

After all, for me these values will guide me and teach me through my past, present and future experiences that wait for me.
If you read through this out loud, you can make it much better, I think. Notice how I rounded out some of these sentences?

The values that I have learned throughout my life have made me realize and appreciate how much the world has to offer and that we are benefited by all the knowledge we can gain. How do you feel about this?;

The more knowledge we have, the easier it is to improve our lives and to reach our desired goals.

To start with, Vires for me is the meaning of all the courage, will and power I put into things I want to achieve, for me this value has been put into use through all the events of my life and the important decisions I've had to make.

It also helped me to take actions that added a little more meaning to my life and also helped me to grow up.

Secondly, a value that has always been reflected my life is Mores because for me, coming recently from a different country showed me how...

Home / Undergraduate / "For almost one hundred years, the Latin words" these values will guide me