'Mu Alpha Theta' Short Response Common Application

Brightwolf 1 / -  
I know this isn't great so please help. I also need some cutting down because it is 200 characters over the limit.

Describe an experience you have had in creating or developing a solution to a problem that benefited you and others? What aspects made it enjoyable?

To some people, math is just another subject required to graduate, but to me, it is an opportunity to view problems and find their solutions. Since freshman year, I have been a member of Mu Alpha Theta. During my first two years, I noticed that membership was rapidly declining. Last year after elected as President, I took the initiative to make substantial changes to the society. I planned out the meetings, renewed the point system, and guided fellow officers along the way. I realized that this year determined future involvement, so fellow officers and I invited fellow pupils to join Mu Alpha Theta. After the induction of 27 members, I was shocked that the last time Mu Alpha Theta attended a county math competition was 10 years ago. As a society, we all agreed to start competing again, and we loved it! Through rediscovering math competitions, we felt closer to one another and we developed essentially into a team. I enjoy my responsibility to guide Mu Alpha Theta; it is wonderful knowing that I made a difference while having a fantastic time creating it.
Last year after elected as President, I took the initiative to make substantial changes to the society.

You are an excellent writer! Your essay shows your intelligence and personality, your passion for math and organizational skills. Good luck with school and have fun!

:)

Home / Undergraduate / 'Mu Alpha Theta' Short Response Common Application