I was amazed at all Barnard could offer!

pussypussy 2 / 5  
How did you first learn about Barnard College and what factors have influenced your decision to apply? Why do you think the College would be a good match for you?

(word limit 1000 cha)

Hopping on a subway and walking up at Morningside Heights, I was lucky to stumble upon this small liberal arts college in the midst of New York City. As I stepped into the campus and stared at the posters on the hallway, I was amazed at all Barnard could offer.

It is a small college, small enough for me to enjoy myriad courses, from literature to mathematics. The intimate vibe allows me to form sisterhood with creative and highly ambitious women.

Yet Barnard is also a college big enough to witness and contribute to the constantly changing world. The campus extends beyond the gate. I may find myself at a concert in Carnegie Hall, and come up with sparks for my composition assignment. Walking across the street, I am eager to search for more opportunities in Columbia University. When I am starved with studying, Chinatown and Little Italy are just within distance.

Barnard meets with the very elements I seek for in life: stellar academics, dynamic pace and independent drive. It is big stage for me to begin my adventure in a most vibrant city.

-------------------------------------------------------------
it's 1052 characters now, I'm over the word limit ><

Thx!!!
tpr2012 2 / 4  
You have a good narrative skill in order to answer those questions. But is all of the information true? or you made it up?
For example , in the first paragraph "Hopping on a subway and walking up at Morningside Heights", is this part was what really happened?
OP pussypussy 2 / 5  
it's true because I have visited Barnard in July. <<<<so how can I make it more "true"?
tpr2012 2 / 4  
To me , I personally think that you already quite successful in describing the surrounding which help me and all other readers easy to imagine.
Its a great writing. Im lovin it :)
Emin Can 1 / 1  
How can Äą check my essay dears ?
WillyD 2 / 2  
I think you did a good job as well. Some details may be unnecessary, such as "small liberal arts college." If you cut some details out, it will help you get the essay down to the right size.
msnjck 1 / 1  
Very good, clean essay. Put a little more personality in it

Home / Undergraduate / I was amazed at all Barnard could offer!