'amazing atmosphere both in and off campus' - U of Chicago Supplement-WHY U of C

zazie 1 / 3  
Hi this is my supplement "why" essay for uChicago
They said to write one or two paragraphs but I really want to break mine into 3 or 4 to make it clearer, does that matter?
Please give me some feedback, I really appreciate your comments or corrections:)

During my college searching, I have listened to plenty of college info sessions and visited many colleges' websites, of which University of Chicago meets my interest best. Above all, UChicago is a large university with an amazing 6 to 1 student/faculty ratio, therefore providing a diversity of student body to exchange ideas as well as an intimate connection between students and professors, both of which are essential to me. As I am attracted to UChicago, I took the Summer Session there this summer. During this time I lived in the South Campus and was wholly immersed in UChicago's atmosphere, in which my fellow undergraduates and the professors all impressed me with their great talent along with congenial nature.

Furthermore, since I was considering entering medical school, I took my spare time to visit the Pritzker School of Medicine, and I really think it would be a privilege to utilize the facilities there to conduct in-depth research. In addition, I truly appreciate the Urban Health Initiative program. A doctor's daughter, I was frequently a witness of the miserable patients who could not afford formal medical treatment (Yes, even in China). As a result, I am fully drawn to this program which targets on the health of non-wealthy people and would allows me to exert the knowledge into the real world. Moreover, one of my enthusiasms is travel, and UChicago's civilization studies sequences excite me much. How can one learn a culture better than place itself into the exact foreign context? Finally, during my stay, the cosmopolitan Chicago, Lake Michigan, Hyde Park, and the campus itself (especially the gothic architecture and the right-on-sight libraries) combine to create an amazing atmosphere both in and off campus, shaping UChicago an ideal place for me to both study and live around.
OP zazie 1 / 3  
BUMP!
Shayke_96 6 / 19  
Hey, your essay was fair...check for some grammatical errors...but you made some good points though. =D
OP zazie 1 / 3  
Thank you Sekemi, I will revise it.
Besides, is that ok to break this essay into 3 paragraphs when they say "one or two"?
Shayke_96 6 / 19  
yep...i think you should break it into like three...it would still convey the same idea you're trying to give. =D
OP zazie 1 / 3  
Oh that's nice, I'm just afraid they think I can't follow the simplest instructions
Thanks XD

Home / Undergraduate / 'amazing atmosphere both in and off campus' - U of Chicago Supplement-WHY U of C