As an American Muslim, I love immersing myself into conversations.

mualla 19 / 92 28  
Hello everyone,

I wrote a supplement for Tufts. If possible could you guys give me feedback on the content? thanks

This is the prompt: Which aspects of Tufts' curriculum or undergraduate experience prompt your application?
"Why Tufts?" (Required length is 50-100 words)

Interfaith initiatives

As an American Muslim, I have always joined interfaith dialogues, believing that such conversations resolve conflicts in the world. Therefore, I looked for a school that deeply embraced interfaith initiatives and stumbled upon Tufts. Through organizations like the CAFE, I hope to extend my hand to people to promote interfaith work. Furthermore, I would be able to enhance my cultural experience through the Muslim House and build bridges with other religions. I want to be part of a large network of influences where I will be able to turn conversations into actions and connect actions with inspirations. Tufts is that place.
Why Tufts? Your answer is that you want to build interfaith bridges using the CAFE. Then expand upon what you know about CAFE and how you plan to use it to help promote your advocacy. After that, a quick mention of the fact that the other universities you have looked into do not offer you the kind of leeway or freedom to promote you advocacy of building Muslim - US relations the way that Tufts can because of the Jumbo ideology of (mention the ideology here).

The objective of my suggestions at this point is to simply respond to the question in the quickest and least wordy manner. Doing so gives the reviewer enough time to contemplate on what you have just said before moving on to another essay. Good work on focusing on just one topic for the discussion and totally developing that response. It makes it easier to edit the essay so that it can leave a lasting impression on the reviewer.
OP mualla 19 / 92 28  
Thank you, Holt.

After more research, I noticed that "cultural" programs are promoted more than "religious or interfaith dialogue" programs in Tufts, therefore I have changed my response as below.

In my college search process, every college formed a different personality in my mind like "persona of the college". Tufts formed a "warm, friendly, and good-hearted" personality.

Coming from an immigrant family, I am a product of the synthesis of the Eastern and Western values. I have been active organizing multicultural activities in my community. My combined identity gave me a world-view to recognize different cultures. I believe I will contribute to the well-being of Tufts community through "Tufts Diversity & Inclusion Working Group" to promote deep mutual understanding.and make students feel included following the footsteps of Dr. Bernard Harleston.
OP mualla 19 / 92 28  

Thank you, Holt.

Mualla, if there is nothing else that you want to add to the information in your statement then, I can suggest that you go right ahead and use the essay. It is already complete and, I feel that it best represents your ideas for "Why Tufts?" It is short, informative, and allows the reviewer to get to the point of your response in a manner that saves him time and effort when it comes to reading your essay. I specially like the opening statement that gives the universities that you have considered different personalities. It shows that you don't just consider the academic capabilities of a university, but their overall ability to deliver a well rounded, diversified, and accurate education as you require them to. By the way, go ahead and use the Doing School essay that you developed. I accidentally closed the window on that so rather than searching for it again, I am letting you know that the essay is in its final form here. Good luck with all your applications!

Home / Undergraduate / As an American Muslim, I love immersing myself into conversations.