'my analytical and quantitative skills' - UPenn Transfer

armaniku 2 / 3  
Required for all applicants: Considering both the specific undergraduate school to which you are applying and the unique aspects of the University of Pennsylvania, what do you hope to learn from and contribute to the Penn community? (Please answer in one page, approximately 500 words.)

Growing up, I never imagined settling down and doing one thing with my career. In fact, I never thought of any serious careers. One week I would play baseball on the diamond, the next I would be getting tear myself up taking my skateboard to the aspault, and after that I would hit the turf to play some football. The idea of settling on a real career only hit me during my high schools years. As I discovered a wide variety of subjects, I initially thought I would become an architect, building large mansions and giving birth to city skylines. But through a change of heart, finding myself, and developing new skills, I realized I would hone my analytical and quantitative skills with my passion for economics to delve in to finance and data.

The University of Pennsylvania provides opportunities to students around the globe. The constant quest for innovation combined with the scholastic and distinct challenges that the University presents is what makes Penn so special and what gives me a real opportunity to learn from. By receiving a Penn education, I hope to take with me creativity, community engagement, and confidence in my future career. I have come a long ways in terms of developing my skills, but still have infinite leagues to go to get to where I ultimately want to be in life. The picturesque, vibrant, and historically rich city of brotherly love is echoed in the University, it's founder, and its motto. These dynamics will allow me to immerse myself in the community's atmosphere, adding volumes to my value as a well-rounded person. The intellectual capital of world class and distinguished faculty will be able to provide me with the resources and guide to my academic, career, and life aspirations.

Wharton's diversity amongst faculty and students create a unique dynamic and global presence. With students and faculty coming in from all over the globe, I hope to gain more of an understanding of what it means to be an interconnected world and how actions in one part of a country, can effect other parts of the planet. This diversity can enhance my intellect, expertise, and skills to cultivate me in to a confident, well-rounded individual required to transcend the worldwide business environment. I expect to use the skills, knowledge, resources, and opportunities Wharton presents to not only give opportunity, assistance, and structure to businesses, but use these tools to increase values, advantages, and standards for everyday people. Wharton is able to integrate this wide array of tools and skills in to giving me the foundation to innovate and adapt to new developments. We live in a globalized world and innovation will be able to create an advantage in my future career.

My aspirations are not limited to only what I can gain from my education, but also what I can contribute to the University and the Wharton School. The excelling students around me would motivate me becoming involved, engaged, and immersed quickly on campus I hope to make positive impacts on the University, the Wharton School, and the community. With my confidence, energy, and ambition to thrive both academically and socially, I believe I can add value to the atmosphere and diversity. My leadership qualities, spirit, and vision of optimism I have for the future will be able to encourage, help, inspire, and direct others to a better future. The University of Pennsylvania and the Wharton School offers not only a world-class education, but also the opportunity to explore, engage, network, collaborate, and become immersed in the dynamics and diversity of the institution and community.

*****Please any help or comments you have will help. I need this to be perfect so be harsh with it
asburyceline 5 / 12  
edit:
the next I would be getting myself tearedgetting tear myself up taking
my high schools years
leagues to go to get to
the University, theit's founder, and theits motto.
a country, can effect other parts of the planet.

a really good essay! revise it for grammar errors and it will be a fantastic essay! a lot of good points and you represented yourself well and explained what you would like to do and focused on one main goal! good job and good luck! :)
OP armaniku 2 / 3  
As I continue to read other people's essays to schools, I have seen that the responses are less direct and a lot more abstract, giving out of the box examples of things. Do you think my essay is too strait forward and doesn't represent me as being a well rounded person
Leehoo 5 / 10  
Hey~ I'm applying for U Penn as well~

Overall, I think It's a great essay. It's staightforward. But it seems that you use a lot of abstract sentences:"take with me creativity, community engagement, and confidence in my future career" "immerse myself in the community's atmosphere, adding volumes to my value as a well-rounded person." These sentences are good, but perhaps too abstract to give AO strong impression on who you really are, (all prompts serve this purpose I think:) ) or what special can you gain from Penn.

It's just my opinion. Wish you good luck!

Also, if you don't mind, help check my essay on this same topic~^.^~
OP armaniku 2 / 3  
I can't find your essay on the same topic? Can you send me a link to it?
Leehoo 5 / 10  
Can you see my signature under my post?
Thanks!

Home / Undergraduate / 'my analytical and quantitative skills' - UPenn Transfer