(a MN with ANP option) application for masters in nursing

babynurse 1 / -  
I am intending to apply for a MN with ANP option, i'm looking for some insight on my entrance essay.

the outline involves describing an experience that i have had in my nursing practice in which you felt challenged in some way or that had meaning for me. Briefly describe the questions this experience raised for me and how i think graduate education will help or influence my future.

I have been working as an RN for over 6 years and have had many experiences, with critical care, neonatal care, all of which have had meaning, just looking for some tips that may be good to use, apparently, the essay itself is a big determinant in acceptance. Thanks in advance.
an experience

the questions this experience raised

graduate education

Here are the parts of the essay. Although they do not say it, the way to make this great is to talk about an experience that raised questions that pertain to your research interests. You need to do some research for grad school, so think of an experience that left you reflecting on an AREA OF NURSING PRACTICE that you think needs more research, and area in which you think questions are still unanswered.

Try to think of a situation that involved a PROBLEM that could perhaps be solved through RESEARCH. To get ideas, Google this: causal correlative research design

Google this: nursing research methods qualitative
Google this: nursing research design

After reading about research design... think of an experience that represents an area in which nurses need more theory to guide their practice.

:-)
Welcome to EssayForum!

Home / Undergraduate / (a MN with ANP option) application for masters in nursing