"Anywhere Is"- Enya's music products; Smith Supp -Theme Song

nightowl 3 / 4  
Applying to college can be serious business; yet we're eager to get to know you in a less formal way. Have fun answering the following question: If you had a theme song - a piece of music that describes you best - what would it be and why? Please include the name of the song and the artist. (Limit response to 150 words)

Yes, like many Enya's music products, Anywhere Is fosters the magical formula of an ethereal voice and serene sounds. But its meaning appeals to me, as it touches a dilemma contained within a moment. Every human decision is a breath of wind that spreads the butterfly effect. Once an act is done, one forever loses her way to the original presence, to the threshold to what has happened, to home. A moment cannot be regained nor relived. A human, deprived of the same reality, has to cling to an illusion of either a start or a finish, and sets out from her moment to do what she thinks right.

And it needs to be under 500 characters too. :( Anyone can help with some cut-down?
Th25cc 2 / 90 26  
It's alright. The prompt makes it difficult to help content wise without a song suggestion. While you have a solid argument, I'm not sure if that's what it means in the context of the song. And the prompt talks about a representation of you, and you haven't answered that.

Think about who you are and find a song to match. Or at least think of who you are and we can help think of a good song. I know quite a few.
qazal 1 / 4  
nightowl
Wow I really like it,you kinda take the reader with you in a movie scene!Although I haven't heard the song but i cant hear the music.

good job!
OP nightowl 3 / 4  
Thank you to both of you.

But is it okay to describe myself like this? I mean, like a person who is always troubled by the flow of time and how she could never take back a moment once it passed?
Th25cc 2 / 90 26  
Say it in the essay then.
OP nightowl 3 / 4  
oh, I see what I should do now. Thanks a lot! :D
Ariel421 3 / 15 1  
Your writing is clearly beautiful and lyrical!
However, I think it deals too much with the really profound things instead of clearly conveying your personality. Maybe show more about you as a person??

Can you please check out my Why Carleton essay? Thx

Home / Undergraduate / "Anywhere Is"- Enya's music products; Smith Supp -Theme Song