(Apollo 11, Scientific Achievements) - NYY

alecblumenfeld 5 / 9 1  
somewhat polished essays just curious if anyone had any style changes or points that i should hit on

A. NYU's global network provides students with hundreds of academic areas of interest for students to cultivate their intellectual curiosity and to help achieve their career goals. Whether you are entirely undecided about your academic plans or you have a definitive program of study in mind, what are your own academic interests? Feel free to share any thoughts on any particular programs or how you might explore those interests at NYU on any of our campuses.

New York University's value of diversity and human capital is what attracts me so strongly to the school, it has something that even in this time of rapidly expanding globalization is rare to find. The education available at New York University not only is strong domestically but the school has great presence abroad as well, attending school at New York University offers me a not only global awareness but a global education. A feature that I think is frequently overlooked and undervalued in today's average American education.

I have been interested in technology and business for as long as I can remember. The opportunities that are available is such a city as New York are unrivaled, New York University has something that no other school can replicate. Personally i have always felt more at home in the city than a typical suburban setting where i would say the majority of the universities are currently. Additionally the internship and employment opportunities that New York University students have access to work hands on in such a diverse and complex city is why I want to go to New York University , to expand my knowledge in a way that no other school or environment could offer me.

What intrigues you? Tell us about one work of art, scientific achievement, piece of literature, method of communication, or place in the world (a film, book, performance, website, event, location, etc.), and explain its significance to you.

The Apollo Eleven Mission to the moon is a feat that is astonishing act of technological achievement and of American motivated success. The soviets launched a hollow missile shell into orbit in the summer of 1957. It was given the name of Sputnik (or friendly traveler) and humble equipment that consisted of a radio and a thermometer. This first went largely unnoticed by the American public until intelligence reports leaked that it was made from a ballistic missile. This news sent shockwaves through the American public and psyche. America scrambled to assemble a space program that could surpass the soviets technologically. Within the year congress replaced the former aeronautics program with NASA, and poured millions into both private and public schools and colleges. An ambitious new president announced to the world that we will put a man on the moon before the end of the century and surely enough we did. About twelve years after the start of the space race America reached the finished. A small metal spacecraft armed with two men, a few rocket boosters and a computer that was woven by little old ladies. It was an accomplishment that reflected American ingenuity and determination, something that some might say we are lacking today. The reason I want to go to NYU is so that one day I can contribute something as historic as the Apollo Eleven Moon Mission.
wootsie143 1 / 1  
The opportunities that are available is such a city as (is should be in)

setting where i would (capital I)

hands on (hands-on)

feat that is astonishing (that is an astonishing)

soviets (capital S)

America reached the finished. (finish)

Please review mine as well with any suggestions or corrections!

Home / Undergraduate / (Apollo 11, Scientific Achievements) - NYY