APPEAL ESSAY FOR UT - My love for art is defined in my pieces

becks15 1 / -  
I am submitting this essay, a portfolio containing sample pieces of my artwork, and additional letters of recommendation for consideration of my appeal for acceptance into the University of Texas at Austin.

I applied for acceptance declaring Architectural Engineering as my intended major so, therefore I did not include a portfolio with my application. I am submitting my portfolio with this appeal because I believe it strengthens my application due to the level of detail and artistic ability shown in my artwork. As you can see I am not one who shies away from tedious projects but rather accepts the project as a challenge and approaches it with attention to detail. My love for art is defined in my pieces and has earned me several awards. I created a senior portfolio containing six of my best art pieces and submitted it to the regional competition for judging. My portfolio placed first and automatically qualifies for the state competition that will take place this April.

I have chosen to pursue a major in Architectural Engineering because of my strengths in math and art. In junior high school, my love for math allowed me to complete Algebra I and II with excellent grades within one year and continue on an accelerated math path throughout high school. My transcript does not reflect this acceleration that permitted me to complete AP Calculus BC by the end of my Junior Year.

I chose to write about these topics because I do not believe they were present for consideration in my original application I believe that including my portfolio and pertinent letters of recommendation for my selected major will demonstrate a strong likelihood of my success in collefe and would allow acceptance to the University of Texas at Austin.
eddies [Contributor] 25 / 1,208 476  
Include the prompt of the essay so you are easy to have relevant and reliable feedback from other readers.

As you can see('accordingly' can be used to replace the phrase of As you can see)(a comma here) I am not the one who shies away from tedious projects (a comma here) but rather accepts the project as a challenge and approaches it with attention to detailS .

Making for the clarity, you should improve your writing just by shortening these long sentences.

hope this helps :D

Home / Undergraduate / APPEAL ESSAY FOR UT - My love for art is defined in my pieces