Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

Apple fan; unique qualities of Northwestern - Engineering

drocd 1 / -  
Help me see if the idea is ok! Do I miss anything? Oh and of course the grammar

Being a Big Apple Fan

As a big Apple fan, I have always been impressed by every Worldwide Developers Conference. This year amid the unveiling of iPhone 5S, I was again awed by the significant breakthroughs in distinct fields: Sophisticated biological and electrical engineering, aesthetic design and judicious business strategies. I was convinced by Apple that success entails comprehensive planning and developments. Thus in school, I always try to find the connections between different subjects. I wonder how I can apply them altogether.

Northwestern University is the place where the answer lies. In the Robert R. McCormick School of Engineering and Applied Science, the concept of "Whole-Brain" will teach me how to learn and apply learning at the great intersection. The highly collaborative nature between different faculties will be a great asset for me to work across the boundaries between various disciplines.

I admire immensely the traditional Chinese culture of "Yin Yang", which conveys a sense of general balance. I have always strived to be a well-rounded student. As I learn more about Northwestern, I am pleasantly surprised to find a perfect balance here. Situated in a quiet suburban area, Northwestern is yet close to one of the greatest metropolises in the world. Being renowned for engineering and science programs, Northwestern also has the best business and communication schools in US. Being the dream school of millions of American students, Northwestern welcomes students from diverse cultural backgrounds. In Northwestern, I can enjoy both the tranquil of rural and the vibrancy of city life, learn and apply distinct fields of study and make amazing friends all across the globe. Such overall balance not only provides me with vast opportunities, but also gives me a sense of control and integration. I will feel perfectly content living and studying in such a well-balanced environment.

Being an avid photographer, the beautiful lakefront campus will be most conducive for my career behind the viewfinder. I will definitely capture the beauty from every corner in Northwestern. As well, after following the Bulls for years, I would love to have the opportunity to watch my idol Derrick Rose play at the United Center.

Northwestern is my dream. I hope it will soon become my home.

Home / Undergraduate / Apple fan; unique qualities of Northwestern - Engineering