Applicant Whatever: Why should MIT admit me?

gkivermhalinfro 1 / 2  
Why should MIT admit me?

Applicant: Whatever
Blah blah blah blah. And some more blah blah blah. There's Sherlock Holmes, the guy who can solve any crime mystery. Eminem, the lyrical genius who overcame his drug problems. George Carlin, famous for his political, social, and economic views. Chris Gardner, the typical rags to riches guy. John Nash a Nobel Prize winner whose work has impacted market economics, computing, artificial intelligence. Vladamir Reznov, the robot communist guy who'll stay up for 4 days straight working on a project. There's Gatsby, Iron Man, Holden Caulfield, Martin Luther King Jr., Michael Phelps, Tiger Woods, Ghandi, Bobby Funke, James Bond, Kobe Bryant, Feliks Zemdegs, Russell Peters, my cousin with down syndrome, Tyler Durden, and Rodney, the random guy who turns out to actually be smart. There's greatness. And then there's me. The guy who has no achievements on his resume because he couldn't even get enough c/d credits to satisfy his honor society requirements. Who doesn't have the courage to cheat on every test and copy ever H.W. in order to get that 98 average. The guy who just doesn't feel like entering any competitions. The insecure kid who's afraid of something as low as the future. The guy who stays at home all day and stares at a computer for 3 hours and can't even think of a decent essay topic and ends up writing this. The guy who doesn't know how to be social, act, program a hello, teach, write, swim, run, play, win a local spelling B, take a test, solve a problem, or even get into a decent college There's greatness, and then there's me. The guy who knows how to think for himself. The guy who wastes an hour or two thinking of his email username. The guy who spends looking through a microscope eye piece at the same thing. The guy who tries new things. Greatness is overrated. So why not admit me?

You decide.
amrosca 4 / 130  
Damn ... This is so honest and so true that it's just genius. I love it!!!

However, stuff I love is either PG-40 and above or gets graded with a C because of using anything but mild language. What I'm trying to say is that I don't know how some might perceive it. I think of it this way: since they want you to mention extra curricular activities or special abilities or achievements, they must see at least an obvious hint to why you would deserve to enter their college.

If you would ask me, the way you make your point is that hint, but I'm not so sure if some might like that too. I'm don't know what the mentality of the people evaluating these essays is. But out here we avoid writing too blunt stuff when things are serious, because the one reading it might be narrow-minded [read: they probably just don't give a fuck about you]. So in order to please the admission commission as well as yourself you should try to be an iron fist in a satin glove [I hope this makes sense]. That will denote intelligence, honesty and most of all diplomacy.

But perhaps I'm just babbling for no reason. I love the essay! You're seem really intelligent and your honesty should be appreciated! Best luck at getting in that college! :D
There's greatness. And then there's me. Who doesn't have the courage to cheat on every test ...

Alright, for you I recommend the show called Louie with Louie C.K. and I also recommend...

And some more blah blah blah. Cut this, it's more than enough.

You have a few too many names on the list, too, but keep the autistic brother. i think you should be reverent enough to share a bit of your plan, a glimpse of your future... with the reader. Tell the reader what you want to do. The reader will laugh... this will work out. You have that stuff.

Home / Undergraduate / Applicant Whatever: Why should MIT admit me?