Home / Undergraduate   % width NEW!

FSU Application Essay- "Vires, Artes, Mores" and my parents

jaja820 1 / -  
To me, "Vires, Artes, Mores" captures the essence and character of an individual destined to be a productive and outstanding citizen of tomorrow. I have found that each of these three qualities have been projected in my life.

I have been taught that strength comes in many forms: physically, mentally, and emotionally. My physical strength was obtained through intensive conditioning in the sport of track and field, and maintained through daily participation in dance and/or physical training in NJROTC. Moral strength sustains me in unfavorable influences. From my mother's teachings and the word of God, I have been able to resist negative peer pressure and make wise decisions. My mental strength is exemplified by my scholastic achievements. Some of these achievements include being accepted into the IB Program and the National Honor Society, being acknowledged as a Potential Key Scholar, and receiving good grades throughout school. My emotional strength is evident through my success in my endeavors, while living in a single parent home for the majority of my life.

Art, in different forms, has always been a part of my life. My mother, being an interior designer, had drawing all around the house and encouraged me to put pencil to paper. She taught me several techniques and equipped me with scrapbooks and notepads. When I got to sixth grade, I took up band and the trombone. I switched schools and this did not allow me to continue playing, but even now when I'm around the band, I have a longing to play. Since the age of four, I have been dancing on and off, and for the past two years, I have been a part of my school's dance team- the Lionettes. Practicing the art of eurhythmics during high school has instilled in me a greater appreciation of music and dance. The craft of synchronizing the movement of twenty-three girls with the music of our band and other musical choices takes great musicality. This skill has made our dance team an award-winning one.

I've been described as a respectful, caring, faithful, humble, and temperate individual.
I am a dedicated Christian and faithful to my friends and family. The activities I participated in the Saving Our Children program at my church fulfilled my obligation to my community, my family, and my Lord. I was granted the opportunity this past summer to attend the National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine in Philadelphia where I was exposed to some of the expectations and requirements of the medical field. This experience was a great privilege and confirmed my interest in the field and my desire to help others. My parents are believers that, "your thoughts become your words, your words become your actions, your actions mold your character, and your character determines your destiny."

As graduates of The Florida State University, both of my parents have molded my character in a positive and productive manner. I want to continue in their tradition of educational excellence by becoming a Florida State Seminole.

Home / Undergraduate / FSU Application Essay- "Vires, Artes, Mores" and my parents