'Applying academic knowledge to reality' - WPI supplement

nick_vt 4 / 5  
Hi guys, this is my supplement to WPI. It's due date is FEB 1 but it's encouraged to submit 2 weeks before deadline. So please help me right now.

How did you become interested in WPI? (character limit incl. spaces: 650)

Applying academic knowledge to reality is the most important task of any engineering student. And IQP, among many university science projects, gives me the perfect chance to do so. Captured by the purposefulness of the project, I eagerly browsed through the website and student blogs for more information and couldn't help feeling so lucky having found my ideal school. The WPI's project-based learning can help me enhance creativity in designing electrical circuits. Moreover, focusing on solving real life problems, WPI's four programs will strengthen my knowledge, social skills and therefore, help me to contribute to the community.

Be brutally honest. And please remember the character limit is 650 including spaces.
Best regards,
Jennyflower81 - / 690 96  
Looks good to me. You state that all of the great things that the college has to offer will help you contribute to the community. contribute to the community is a nice way to end the essay- but is a little vague. The college wants to hear that you have a plan for life. It does not need to be totally specific, but if you can narrow it down or give an example of a career path that interests you. Short-term and long-term goals should be mentioned, it really draws the attention of the college administrators.
OP nick_vt 4 / 5  
I do want to mention more. Though, it has a character limit. Otherwise, my essay will be cut halfway. Hope to hear from you how to cut the unnecessary parts.

Best regards,
singh955 7 / 36  
the overall essay is on point, but i think you should try to be more specific at the end.

please look over my Emory Revised Essay! Thanks.

Home / Undergraduate / 'Applying academic knowledge to reality' - WPI supplement