ApplyTexas Common App - can I write about a medical phenomenon?

coolkid2011 1 / -  
Hi, I am currently writing my ApplyTexas essay B which is..

Topic B: Choose an issue of importance to you-the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope-and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

My question is that can I write about a medical phenomenon that will have implications to everyone in the future, for example stem cell research or something along those lines?
Tinara 1 / 2  
Yes, of 'course you can write about stem cell research because it is a very controversial issue. My friend actually chose that as an issue to speak about during her Physician Assistant interview and she got in. Good luck to you!
raza68 5 / 23  
Just make sure it is not too controversial. Though it may make for an interesting essay, you do not know what the admissions officer's views are--- thus, this could hurt your chances of getting in. This is why I have been advised to stay away from subjects that are very controversial. Good luck and if you can look over my essays that I posted on this forum, that would be great.

Home / Undergraduate / ApplyTexas Common App - can I write about a medical phenomenon?